F.E.A.R. XP

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
What the deal with Norton Mapes the fat engineer in a hawain shirt? How did he survive the explosion of the facility in the original game?

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
He's probably going to be a recurring character like that black guy in Halo. I don't know about you, but I hate that fat bastard.

jonesthewine

Dec 30, 2003
Don't underestimate the power of Cheetos residue and potato chip salt...the heat from the explosion fused the residue and salt into a protective cocoon around the fat bastard.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
It's been a while since I played through the first FEAR game, but if I recall... Norton was one of the security techs or something wasn't he? He probably knew every last secret in that building, and how to escape from anywhere in a hundred different ways. Assuming his fat ass didn't get stuck along the way.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
He's a ghost. He died and just doesn't know it yet. He must be a ghost cuz I shot him a thousand times and he just won't die.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
He survived for the same reason any character survives anything in a game or movie: They want him back for the sequel.

I hated him too. I guess the devs put him in as a comic relief but this is one of the few games that didnt need a comic relief. I liked the dark, evil feeling throughout and he just takes away from it all.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
Originally posted by: sirjonk
He's a ghost. He died and just doesn't know it yet. He must be a ghost cuz I shot him a thousand times and he just won't die.

I do recall trying to kill him before the end of the original, can't remember if the game let me. I do know I felt better trying.