F chocolate manufacturers

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
That sword cuts both ways. I'd have to read a good paper or two that links chocolate to cancer. That's one random doctor's opinion, and I hear stupid shit from professionals all the time. Like I've said before, the only difference between a doctor and a walmart clerk is a bit of school. They're the same person.

That said, I don't have strong feelings either way, and results one way or the other won't affect or change my life(choices). It would be interesting to read a study though.
This is my stance generally regarding cancer. Everything causes cancer and frankly speaking I don't care too much about living into my late 70s or 80s so while I won't intentionally put myself in cancer causing situations (eg I'm not going to go get an xray every day) I'm also not going to change my eating habits or environment to suit.

Reactions: lxskllr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The planet hates you and wants you dead. Everything is pretty much an adaptation to adverse circumstances that allow species to continue. That's about the best "guarantee" you'll get. If things go right, you'll live long enough to procreate. Anything after that is bonus time. People treat this stuff like religion. If they live The One True Way™ as "god" intended, they'll have a long, active healthy life, when a lot of it is "luck" and quirks of genetics. With infinite knowledge, the "luck" aspect would be removed, but we're currently stuck with luck.

That isn't to say a diet of beer, potato chips, and cigarettes is the way to go, but obsessing over small details isn't especially productive. You want a chocolate bar, eat a chocolate bar. Taking chocolate chemicals concentrated in pill form probably won't do anything but lighten your wallet and enrich grifters though.

Reactions: deadlyapp

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
This is my stance generally regarding cancer. Everything causes cancer and frankly speaking I don't care too much about living into my late 70s or 80s so while I won't intentionally put myself in cancer causing situations (eg I'm not going to go get an xray every day) I'm also not going to change my eating habits or environment to suit.

I'm of the same mindset. Moderation & balance. Am I going to go live under a powerline? No. Am I going to give up chocolate? Also no.