F-22. The most advanced fighter the world has ever seen.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DLT3C

May 8, 2006
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother
Originally posted by: DLT3C
What bothers me is the "we" factor. "we" bombed, "we" invaded, "we" attacked. We means "(one)'s self and others", as in a collective action, so please explain to me the reason why keyboard-typers on this forum take credit for what the military of the country they just happened to be born in do.

Don't hate, elaborate.

somehow i knew you were from canada.

Well I am NOT a Canadian, for one. And it's exactly the same here, believe it or not, except for its 9-5'ers sitting on the couch watching the idiot-box, drinking their beer and cheering when some dude scores a piece of rubberized plastic into a rectangular box. Then they go out and do the "our boys kicked your asses!" and start fights over it. Still did not prevent me from showing up at the hockey bar wrapped in Russian flag and cheering for the Russian national team (even though I don't watch the game at all, and found out about it an hour before). I find it a rather common occurence, when an individual intrapolates the achievements of his nation even though he is not even involved.

Back on topic:

Originally posted by: TehMac

Wrong.
Patriotism.

And what about thinking that these machines are made for forcing the US will upon others? By killing, of course. I do not disagree with interference with other countries' affairs where the common humanity laws are breached, but can you really wholeheartedly say that what US exactly is doing serves the purpose of "freedom"? No freedom without oil, no?

Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Gotta get ready for the Chinese.

Another example. Yes, I know that the kindness should be with fists, but do you not think that the war with the Chinese will be inevitably disastrous for both sides (and the rest of the planet which consists of Russia Europe and Afghanistan. Oh yeah, and that country full of illegal immigrants).

I am not trying to enrage the Nationalist (that's precisely what the Nazi's called themselves initially btw), but am striving to perceive the logic behind such blind fascination with US's alleged military might.

Think, in the broader scope of things, we, humanity, are ONE race. What if there was an external threat (aliens invading), and Duke Nukem was still on his Caribbean Vacation? And what happens when the collective strife to have more/better/stronger/more devastating/more-humans-killing depletes the resources of our planet? Fight over the Moon (which I doubt was ever landed upon, really).

Your thoughts and arguments, gentlemen.

Again, don't hate, elaborate.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I am not trying to enrage the Nationalist (that's precisely what the Nazi's called themselves initially btw), but am striving to perceive the logic behind such blind fascination with US's alleged military might.

Nationalist = people who are rabid for their country's political reason to start laying the smackdown

Patriot = people proud of their country and the majority of its deeds. You regurgitating that word doesn't make yourself look any more intelligent than anyone else.

As soon as the US installs its Space System, we won't need to worry about China, not that I'd encourage any sort of fighting at any rate. We should have had it up sooner, but hopefully it'll be up. That way, we won't have to worry about bitching North Koreans and can put the smack down on them.
And whats wrong with being interested in military devices? I mean, its not a disease, their cool man.
Its like baseball or football or a sport. Its cool stuff.
football and basketball players (and some base ballers too probably) rape people all the time, and do crazy stuff, and it doesn't help anything.
Your second regurgitation of calling the United States a bully, is flawed. More like babysitter. We have to make sure all the morons and dumbases don't blow themselves up, along with us too. And keep in mind, you're being an absolute trolly, so cut the crap, and stop acting like Nader's Second Coming.

DLT3C

May 8, 2006

Nationalist = people who are rabid for their country's political reason to start laying the smackdown

That way, we won't have to worry about bitching North Koreans and can put the smack down on them.

I think you just contradicted yourself. A voice of reason and then "OH YEAH SMACK DOWN ON THEM KOREANS"

And whats wrong with being interested in military devices? I mean, its not a disease, their cool man.
Its like baseball or football or a sport. Its cool stuff.
Agreed, the tech is fascinating. The problem is, military devices serve one purpose: to devoid others of their lives. Cool stuff.

More like babysitter. We have to make sure all the morons and dumbases don't blow themselves up, along with us too.
Is that what justified the whole 9/11 kill-our-own-to-make-them-motivated-against-"terrorists"-who-happen-to-have-the
oil-we-need? Please do not tell me you believe that 9/11 was actually done by who media says it was done by. Those who wish to seek the truth, can find glimpses of it. Even on YouTube. I do not claim I KNOW what really transpired, but does seem fishy to me (for example no plane remnants whatsoever found by Pentagon, and the security video got confiscated right away). Oh yeah, and what about supplying weapons to Modjaheds in Afghansitan back in the 1983 to kill Russians (wait, you are against them now). Need you be reminded who trained/funded Osama?. Babysitting?

And keep in mind, you're being an absolute trolly, so cut the crap, and stop acting like Nader's Second Coming.

I do not act, I am sounding my opinion. What's the point of acting in such a matter? I am not a politician.

DLT3C

May 8, 2006
I suggest that shall anyone wish to elaborate, a separate topic is created. Elsewise, it is threadcrapping (started by me, yes).

slatr

May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother
What bothers me is the "we" factor. "we" bombed, "we" invaded, "we" attacked. We means "(one)'s self and others", as in a collective action, so please explain to me the reason why keyboard-typers on this forum take credit for what the military of the country they just happened to be born in do.

Don't hate, elaborate.

somehow i knew you were from canada.

Well I am NOT a Canadian, for one. And it's exactly the same here, believe it or not, except for its 9-5'ers sitting on the couch watching the idiot-box, drinking their beer and cheering when some dude scores a piece of rubberized plastic into a rectangular box. Then they go out and do the "our boys kicked your asses!" and start fights over it. Still did not prevent me from showing up at the hockey bar wrapped in Russian flag and cheering for the Russian national team (even though I don't watch the game at all, and found out about it an hour before). I find it a rather common occurence, when an individual intrapolates the achievements of his nation even though he is not even involved.

Back on topic:

Wrong.
Patriotism.

And what about thinking that these machines are made for forcing the US will upon others? By killing, of course. I do not disagree with interference with other countries' affairs where the common humanity laws are breached, but can you really wholeheartedly say that what US exactly is doing serves the purpose of "freedom"? No freedom without oil, no?

Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Gotta get ready for the Chinese.

Another example. Yes, I know that the kindness should be with fists, but do you not think that the war with the Chinese will be inevitably disastrous for both sides (and the rest of the planet which consists of Russia Europe and Afghanistan. Oh yeah, and that country full of illegal immigrants).

Think, in the broader scope of things, we, humanity, are ONE race. What if there was an external threat (aliens invading), and Duke Nukem was still on his Caribbean Vacation? And what happens when the collective strife to have more/better/stronger/more devastating/more-humans-killing depletes the resources of our planet? Fight over the Moon (which I doubt was ever landed upon, really).

Your thoughts and arguments, gentlemen.

Again, don't hate, elaborate.

Nationalism may be defined as pride in one's country. I think you went way out there to bring up Nazi Germany.

You infer you are Russian.. what about your country's May Day parades.. did those stop?

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006

Is that what justified the whole 9/11 kill-our-own-to-make-them-motivated-against-"terrorists"-who-happen-to-have-the
oil-we-need? Please do not tell me you believe that 9/11 was actually done by who media says it was done by. Those who wish to seek the truth, can find glimpses of it. Even on YouTube. I do not claim I KNOW what really transpired, but does seem fishy to me (for example no plane remnants whatsoever found by Pentagon, and the security video got confiscated right away). Oh yeah, and what about supplying weapons to Modjaheds in Afghansitan back in the 1983 to kill Russians (wait, you are against them now). Need you be reminded who trained/funded Osama?. Babysitting?

:laugh:

DLT3C

May 8, 2006
Originally posted by: slatr

Nationalism may be defined as pride in one's country. I think you went way out there to bring up Nazi Germany.

However, this is exactly how they started. Unfounded and undoubted belief in their country's superiority. It was what Hitler counted on, and it fetched what, 62 million deaths? All because of the belief in their superiority and the righteousness to decide who (defined by the length and shape of the nose, sometimes) gets to get burned after being gassed. History repeats itself, like it or not. There always is a nation which considers itself superior. We all know how they ended up.

You infer you are Russian.. what about your country's May Day parades.. did those stop?

Yeah, about 12 years ago. Just so you know. Unless you count the people who still believe in the return of the Communism. Which also extincted 12 years ago. Just so you know.

Please direct me to the part where I "infer" that I am Russian. I just wanted to spite the TV-watching beer-guzzling 9-5'ers =). I have NO right to call myself a Russian (or anything, for that matter), as I believe the nationality is NOT defined by what country you got to be randomly born in but by what is it that you do with your life and how it relates to your country.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: adairusmc

:laugh:

whatever remote possibility I had of taking him seriously has now been crushed.