F-22 flight demo video

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
F-35 is the future short term; unmanned drones are the future long term.

F-22 is just an expensive toy.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
F-35 is the future short term; unmanned drones are the future long term.

F-22 is just an expensive toy.

a big reason why the F-35 is as inexpensive as it is is because of the F-22.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
If the production models go that slow, they're going to get shot down in no time.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Badass. I like the vapor trail over the whole flat surface of the craft when it does the loop at the end.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
no doubt the raptor is a fine bird but as far as online videos goes the su-37 demos wipe the floor with the f22 demos. probably because they are allowed to get a little nuts over there in russia?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: randay
no doubt the raptor is a fine bird but as far as online videos goes the su-37 demos wipe the floor with the f22 demos. probably because they are allowed to get a little nuts over there in russia?
Agreed. These F-22 demos put me to sleep.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Mr Incognito
We need to stop spending money on things that should have no use at this point in human history.

wrong, humanity needs to stop making a use for such things so we can stop spending money on them. ;)

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: randay
Agreed. These F-22 demos put me to sleep.

If you search for the Russian demos, you'll find a few that are a little *too* interesting for all concerned. It's also important to remember that most of what you see in a demo is useless as far as combat is concerned, e.g. the "cobra" probably gets you killed very quickly in a real fight.

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Mr Incognito
We need to stop spending money on things that should have no use at this point in human history.

I believe we staged a very large exercise, where the F-22s wiped the floor with the rest of our Air Force inventory. Shortly thereafter, North Korea decided to drop their nuke program. I'm sure that there were lots of factors, but the good ole USA military can show off its muscles once in a while.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: scott
Put this url into your player for streaming media, and stream it.
Otherwise it'll download. You don't want that, better to play by streaming it.

http://www.f22-raptor.com/medi...22_AirShow_Langley.wmv

For example, if you use VLC Media Player, then it's File / Open Network Stream / put that address into the blank for HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS.

The friend who sent it to me said,
"The video is about 5 minutes long, but the last 30-40 seconds are priceless. Watch the elevators of the airplane. They work independently. It also has vectored thrust. The F/A-22 can sustain supersonic flight without the use of fuel-gulping afterburners. The RAPTOR does a complete 360 degree turn in less than 20 seconds. The F/A-22 is now operational, with two wings already flying in the Air Force. The JSF-35 'Lightning' is fast approaching operational, and can do much more than the F/A-22 - including literally stopping in mid-air from near super-sonic flight. The Su-27 / Su-31 'Cobra' maneuver was essentially a 'one-trick pony' maneuver. The F/A-22, and especially the JSF-35, can stop and eat a Sukoyhan doing the 'Cobra' maneuver, plus do so much more."

I don't believe in glamorizing weapons. Passing this along for those interested.

The JSF F-35 is nowhere near the F-22 in air-to-to-air combat. Single engine, no supercruise. The F-35B with short-takeoff and vertical landing is an impressive piece of technology, but it is extremely heavy for a single-engine fighter. Without the F-22 to clear the sky for the F-35, the F-35 will have problem dealing with more agile fighters like the Mig-29 or the Su-27/Su-30.