Eyefinity users please respond! :)

digitaldurandal

Golden Member
Dec 3, 2009
Thinking about getting another monitor for Eyefinity.

Not entirely happy with my options for 24 inch 1920x1200 at the moment but I will cross that bridge later.

I am curious about the FOV in certain games. I know some games are supporting it and so I assume they work well with it as far as FOV goes (ie bad company and avp) I am curious about the majority of other titles though. However I HAVE heard that adjustments to FOV in bad company only affect the primary monitor.. which is kind of unfortunate if true.

How are your experiences with eyefinity, the FOV in titles, and the performance?

Would you recommend getting it?

If you are using an adapter which one are you using and has it worked well for you?

What resolution are you using with your setup?

Also thanks for taking the time to satiate my curiosity. Hate to go through getting an adapter and monitor only to be unhappy with it!

NoQuarter

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2001
I love Eyefinity, it's totally got me back into PC gaming. I've been purposely buying games that handle it well like BFBC2 because the immersiveness is amazing. If you visit http://www.widescreengamingforum.com they have a ton of info there on what games support ultra-widescreen resolutions and how well, and what tweaks you need to do.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Definately check out widescreengamingforum. ATI has been claiming that Eyefinity support is really easy to add, and from what I've seen they are agressively pushing developers to add support for Eyefinity. Popular games that do not support it (Modern Warfare 2, Far Cry 2) allready got patched by people at widescreengamingforum.

I just bought two P2310H's, and I will buy a third sooner or later. They come with displayport, so no hassle with adapters. I know their TN-panels, but I had 2 options: buy a more expensive 24" ips-panel, or buy two 23" tn-panels, with the option for a third later on. With the ips-panel buying two would have been really expensive, let alone three.