Eye color change

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
So, yesterday I came down with a fairly potent case of the stomach flu (or food poisoning, but since I hear that the stomach flu has been going around I'm calling it that). But that isnt the point of this post. While going to the medicine cabinet to get the thermometer, I noticed my eyes were distinctly blue. Normally they are green with just a little bit of brown in the center. The only blue is on where the iris meets the white of my eyes. But yesterday while I was sick, they were blue (and yes, I had someone else confirm this, it wasnt just me hallucinating). Today, now that I am feeling better, my eyes are green again. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

BTW, having the stomach flu seems to be a good way to drop 5 lbs in a day.
 

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
62,201
7,579
126
My eyes change based on how fatigued I am. If I've only had a few hours of sleep, they are almost turquoise colored. The more rested I am, the darker green they are.

 

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
:Q
I'm not a doctor, but that can't be normal.
Well, I figure it could have been caused from either:
-being sick
-fever (101.3F at the peak, I normally have about a 97.2F)
-dehydration
 

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
10,621
1
0
Originally posted by: Mookow
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
:Q
I'm not a doctor, but that can't be normal.
Well, I figure it could have been caused from either:
-being sick
-fever (101.3F at the peak, I normally have about a 97.2F)
-dehydration
Judging by the other 2 posts I guess it's not all that uncommon. I always thought that eye color was set and couldn't be changed. Guess I was wrong.
 

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Originally posted by: Mookow
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
:Q
I'm not a doctor, but that can't be normal.
Well, I figure it could have been caused from either:
-being sick
-fever (101.3F at the peak, I normally have about a 97.2F)
-dehydration
Judging by the other 2 posts I guess it's not all that uncommon. I always thought that eye color was set and couldn't be changed. Guess I was wrong.
Well, I saw those... but none of them match with my possible causes. And it is not like I routinely look in the mirror to check my eye color.
 
Mar 22, 2002
10,484
20
81
My eyes change color on a regular basis, sometimes in moments. From blue to gray to green to a darker color of all of them. Maybe it's what I eat, I'm not sure, but I'm perfectly healthy.
 

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
Originally posted by: SociallyChallenged
My eyes change color on a regular basis, sometimes in moments. From blue to gray to green to a darker color of all of them. Maybe it's what I eat, I'm not sure, but I'm perfectly healthy.
Maybe it changes when the different personalities do?
 

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
25,383
1,013
126
My eye color can vary, but it's more a function of my mood, the lighting, and what i'm wearing, and is subtle and not a hugely noticeable difference. For example, if you normally have hazel eyes and wear a green shirt, your eyes are going to look more green (it's an optical illusion).
 

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
Originally posted by: glenn1
My eye color can vary, but it's more a function of my mood, the lighting, and what i'm wearing, and is subtle and not a hugely noticeable difference. For example, if you normally have hazel eyes and wear a green shirt, your eyes are going to look more green (it's an optical illusion).
Yeah, I had thought about that (the backgroud color thing). But I was wearing my no-one-who-might-give-a-f***-is-going-to-be-seeing-me-so-I'll-wear-what-is-comfortable shirt, which happens to be green.
 

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Moderator
Mar 14, 2000
3,826
1
81
Originally posted by: SociallyChallenged
My eyes change color on a regular basis, sometimes in moments. From blue to gray to green to a darker color of all of them. Maybe it's what I eat, I'm not sure, but I'm perfectly healthy.


Thats me as well
 

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
30,278
11,469
136
Originally posted by: Mookow
So, yesterday I came down with a fairly potent case of the stomach flu (or food poisoning, but since I hear that the stomach flu has been going around I'm calling it that). But that isnt the point of this post. While going to the medicine cabinet to get the thermometer, I noticed my eyes were distinctly blue. Normally they are green with just a little bit of brown in the center. The only blue is on where the iris meets the white of my eyes. But yesterday while I was sick, they were blue (and yes, I had someone else confirm this, it wasnt just me hallucinating). Today, now that I am feeling better, my eyes are green again. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

BTW, having the stomach flu seems to be a good way to drop 5 lbs in a day.
Sounds like you were born with Hazel eyes.

I have Hazel eyes too, and they change colour all the time. Sometimes green or blue or hazel depending on mood and health and whatnot.
 

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
6,130
0
71
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
Originally posted by: Mookow
So, yesterday I came down with a fairly potent case of the stomach flu (or food poisoning, but since I hear that the stomach flu has been going around I'm calling it that). But that isnt the point of this post. While going to the medicine cabinet to get the thermometer, I noticed my eyes were distinctly blue. Normally they are green with just a little bit of brown in the center. The only blue is on where the iris meets the white of my eyes. But yesterday while I was sick, they were blue (and yes, I had someone else confirm this, it wasnt just me hallucinating). Today, now that I am feeling better, my eyes are green again. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

BTW, having the stomach flu seems to be a good way to drop 5 lbs in a day.
Sounds like you were born with Hazel eyes.

I have Hazel eyes too, and they change colour all the time. Sometimes green or blue or hazel depending on mood and health and whatnot.
More changing hazel eyes reporting in :)
 

BenSkywalker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
9,140
67
91
Not sure what my 'normal' eye color is- they go from gray to blue to green to brown and based on what I've been told an almost yellowish color when I'm real pissed(at that point there is no way I'm going to stop and look in a mirror, and I haven't been that upset in years). I've witnessed my eyes changing color numerous times- within thirty seconds they will alter to a new shade most of the time(well, most of the time I sat and watched it), sometimes I end up with splits in the middle of my eyes going gray-green on one and green-brown on the other at the same time(along with other odd varriations).

I've tried looking for a scientific explenation and they say it doesn't happen, but I have acquired enough witnesses over the years that have seen dramatic and quick changes in mine to be able to testify to the fact that it does happen. One of my sons eyes also do the same, he also runs the range from gray-blue-green-brown. Right now he is only three, but it appears that his eyes aren't just changing in to a permanent color as they keep bouncing back and forth. I have some odd pigmentation factors working which could have something to do with my eyes, but my son doesn't.

Just asked my wife, she says my base eye color is gray but they aren't that color most of the time(just more then the others). She also says that it is based on my mood mainly.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY