Eye candy games

JHallas

Aug 22, 2007
I'm putting together a new computer and I want some games that will make me feel justified.

I can't really think of any off the top of my head, except Bioshock and Flight Simulator X. I just beat Bioshock before I got my new system.

Any other games that are really taxing but look spectacular? Any genre will do :)

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
X3: The Reunion.

Space Based trading/combat game with storyline. Its graphically outstanding and is probably good enough to convince you that you are in space.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
HL2 still looks pretty good in my opinion.

And of course, the incoming Crysis.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Oblivion + QTP3 + improved LOD mods + enhanced weather + other graphics improving mods.

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
Anytime I hear eyecandy, I think of Glide and Forsaken. :D

Same here, that and the girl on the box that had NOTHING to do with the game at all.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: MrWizzard

Same here, that and the girl on the box that had NOTHING to do with the game at all.

:D I had a poster of that back in the day.

Randum

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2004
oblivion looks good but when I think about it, Half Life 2 looks great- i still think it does, and so does Counter Strike Source

Maybe the ghost recon titles too? But I would shoot for an RPG like Oblivion with the nice eye candy, big landscapes. And Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears is right around the corner...and those should be stunning

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Canai
Originally posted by: MrWizzard

:D I had a poster of that back in the day.

She was sizzling hot too... Well, what I could see of her...

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Even older games on new hardware can look amazingly good. Whenever I upgrade a piece of hardware, there's always that period where I load up loading games and see what they can do.

When I first got Oblivion, it didn't run very well on my P4 3.4E and 6800GT, it took a few months and my upgrade to an X2 4200 and X1900XT in order for the game to really show off. And with my E6600/2900XT combo, even running with all the visual upgrade mods, my system doesn't even break a sweat.

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Quake 4, Prey, Call of Juarez (DX10 patch if you have Vista.), Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2 with the Cinematic mod, and of course, the Crysis demo when it comes out. :)