Exterous' trip to Italy

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Italian guys are lying in wait for pretty young INGORANA Amerian girls, and will (a) approach smooth as hell, (b) from the wall as she struts past on the cobblestones they will grab breasts, (c) SEEm exotic...they're not!

They didn't seem so bad. We didn't see any of the young women being pestered by Italian guys at any of the sites or in the metro. Now the people trying to sell you things or begging for money on the other hand - those seem to be getting more aggressive in Europe

Not a fair assesment because they are completely different . You have to look at the colloseum as a unique architecture that has been copied even up to this date while the roman forum is sort of a community built where everyone gathers. Did you check out the bath and the catacombs?

You can never get enough of rome in one trip. The vatican alone is a trip in itself.

Of course they are different but that doesn't mean one area can't be more interesting than the other and that doesn't mean I found the Colosseum uninteresting. My wife isn't a catacombs type of person and we didn't end up making it to the Baths because we were enjoying the Forum enough we wanted to spend more time wandering around

NetWareHead

THAT guy
Aug 10, 2002
Thanks! Did you guys go anywhere else? We headed back to Milan for our flight home after the Rome area

Our track went like this:
Landed in Venezia airport
Bassano del Grappa
Bologna
Modena
Parma
Cinque Terre
Pisa
Firenze
Panzano in Chianti
Roma
Caserta - Benevento area (visited family)
Napoli
Amalfi Peninsula
Salerno province (visited family)
Left from Napoli airport

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Scrolling through beautifully taken photos is one of my favorite activities. Awesome pictures! Italy is definitely on my bucket list.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
You just reminded me to post up mine! We went at the same time! I just need to make an album with one without pictures of me.

IBMJunkman

May 7, 2015
Worked in Milan from 1989 thru 2000. Never got to Rome. Did Venice 3 times. Client had an operation in Florence so spent time there, too.

Spent many a Saturday and Sunday lunch at Harry’s Bar in the piazza of Cernobbio, just north of Como. No relation to Harry’s in Venice. 3 hours ending with a few Sambuca.

If I had a bit more retirement money I would be in Italy now.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Scrolling through beautifully taken photos is one of my favorite activities. Awesome pictures! Italy is definitely on my bucket list.

Thanks! I grew up looking at pictures from my grandparent's trips so its something I really enjoy as well. Which brings me to my next comment:

You just reminded me to post up mine! We went at the same time! I just need to make an album with one without pictures of me.

Hurry up! :)