Question Extend Range of Nokia 7368?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
My daughter just moved and got Fiber. I know nothing of Fiber.

She has a Nokia 7368 modem that transmits wifi. The range is too short to reach her back yard which is about 80' from the modem. The modem can't be easily moved.

How can she extend that range? Can she just add a wifi router or will that mess with the modem wifi signal?

If she can add a wifi router, which one has the best range for around $200?
TIA

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
She's 1500 miles away and I won't be there for two weeks. What are the options if a cable can't be run?
A better router that can have a stronger signal, use an wifi extender (however it will effectively cut the signal speed in half for whatever band it uses), or maybe a mesh unit with one placed by the modem/router, and the other one placed closer to the area where she doesn't get a signal could be few other options.

When I upgraded my TP Link router to the Asus one, I was able to stop using the wifi extender I had to use for my son to get a strong signal in his room (his room was the farthest away). The TP Link router was a tri-band router, so I only had the extender use the slower 2.4 Ghz band, so it didn't slow down the other two 5 Ghz bands. Here's the one I used (although it's a pretty old model at this point). https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N8ROH7G

Reactions: olds

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Router or mesh system is always better if you are willing to spend the extra money. You do need wiring at some point.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
One last question: Am I correct in assuming that is doesn't matter what the format of the incoming signal is, DSL/Cable/Fiber, they can all be broadcast with the same wifi router?

Thanks for the input.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
One last question: Am I correct in assuming that is doesn't matter what the format of the incoming signal is, DSL/Cable/Fiber, they can all be broadcast with the same wifi router?

Thanks for the input.
Yep. You daughter actually can consider mesh systems if she has a bigger house, there are several units already under $200 and have good reviews.