Express/Express for Men/ Structure : Double Fast Cash = 33% off

jloor

Aug 2, 2002
I use to work at Structure last year for the Holiday Season.

Watch out for a promotion that has Double Cash Fast Cash. and YMMV

This is how it works:

Say you buy $100 worth of clothes... they give you $100 worth of coupons valid usually in 3 weeks.
$300 = $300 in Coupons.

Now to redeem the coupons after 3 weeks... you need to spend double. In other words:

Spend $300 - $150 in fast cash = $150.

Its like saving %50 off after another visit.

Some guy last year bought a $500 leather jacket... came back 3 weeks later, bought $1000 worth of clothes for $500.

Edit: You can always try to bargin the price down a large purchase, if a retail manager is not making his/her daily #'s they have the power to cut you a deal. Usually they want you to sign up for a CC, but if you catch them at the right time they might give you 20% off your purchase with a new card. They problem with fashion, there is no PM and everything everywhere is overpriced.

IgoByte

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Some guy last year bought a $500 leather jacket... came back 3 weeks later, bought $1000 worth of clothes for $500.
At Structure?

Structure sux and for the quality of clothes totally overpriced.

phhnyc

Feb 3, 2001
Structure sux and for the quality of clothes totally overpriced

dude what do you wear, potato sacks? 2 sweaters/dress shirts for $40 is not that bad a deal. overpriced is definately abercrombie ($35 for a t-shirt with some weird print is kinda overdoing it). as for the quality, some structure stuff i bought was pretty wack, but express men seems to be different. maybe they're the same company, but i really think they hired some new designers and stuff, the result being a pretty high quality line. i have a bunch of shirts from there that have held up really well...and i also actually just bought a really nice down jacket for like $100...add to all this the fact that express constantly runs promos (15% off, $25 off 50, etc) and you have a pretty nice place.

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
their $ off coupons are getting worst, you can't use it toward any clearance items, socks, undies, accessories anymore.

rich

SupermanCK

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2000
kool...too bad it's not banana...i have been eying at the $400 leather coat for sometime now...but sturcture do have some nice clothings...i will go check it out...

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
The sale is equivalent to 33% off.

Say you buy $X of merchandise. You have to spend an Additional $2x of money to get $X off.

So the total is $X + $2X - $X = $2X for $3X of clothing. A discount of 33% only they're more clever than that...since most people won't use the coupons or will spend more than the exact $2X amount.

-Ed

ClakClak

Aug 15, 2002
I never really bought nething from their after they structure changed thier name to express, it just doesn't sound right to where express stuff.

jloor

Aug 2, 2002
yeah, 33% off sounds about right... but I do like there clothes and they are reasonable priced compared to some other stores. True, they might not last as long, but they have some jeans that look like $100+ Desiel jeans for way less.

3 Things you really should discuss in public: religion: politics: and fashion... but you can't get a hot deal on religion or politics.

BTW... I hate credit cards... but I believe you get a 10% discount on your total purchase if you sign up for a structure card.

$500 - $50 (10%) = $450 + $1000 - $500 (Double Fast Cash) = $950

$950 for $1500 worth of gear. << Smart if your crazy for clothes and gonna buy that much anyway. I don't, but I know people who do.

IgoByte

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: .paldo
actually Structure has some nice Express dress shirts. If you wanna see overpriced head over to Abercrombie.

Abercrombie is even worse...indeed...

Fishmonger

Feb 2, 2000
Originally posted by: .paldo
actually Structure has some nice Express dress shirts. If you wanna see overpriced head over to Abercrombie.

Second that opinion...especially since Abercrombie's stuff already looks very worn...guess I'm not into that look.

mwdelta

Feb 13, 2001
C'mon people...fashion is a very different thing from computer parts. People buy what they like, and what they can afford. Those people who like and can afford Abercrombie buy it, and call everything else cheap. Those who can't afford Abercrombie or don't like it call it overpriced, yet many buy Polo or Tommy for even more. Fashionable clothes are a weird market.

breweyez

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
bump 4 a good deal...i just bought a bunch of clothes..otherwise i would be all over this...i like structure clothes:cool:

drgeoffrey

Sep 6, 2001
^bump^
Big fan of Structure. I keep getting mad deals from them for some good looking threads. If you do a big purchase, get their credit card. If you don't carry a balance, it's a no-brainer: you get agood % off that purchase, and then any purchase after that. Mix that with the promo codes you'll get for being on their snail-mail list and you get tons of stuff for cheep cheep!!!

CanisEstInVia

Mar 5, 2001
is Structure retaining its name? or will they eventually tear down the sign on the store and replace with express for men?

Tommyboy8

Jun 4, 2001
It's been changing to Express for Men, from cali to utah to detroit.

Actually Express is kinda overpriced, but with their coupons they send in the mail, they are the best deal in town for a preppy/more serious look.

I got their $15 GC, double to $30 if purchased more than $75, plus 10% off if you use your express card. Now that was a sweet deal...

I walked out with

2 stretched dress shirt (sale 2 for $50, originally $40 each)
2 boxers
1 sport boxer brief

total was going to be $86-$30=$56-$5.6(10% off) = $50 and some change....

I'd rather get Banana Republic, but that's overpriced and they RARELY GET ANY SALES.