Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Link- Half Iran tanker fleet storing oil at sea

If you can not sell it, store it.

When the storage lockers are full; then shut down.

50% in 2 months.

100% potentially by end of June.

When that oil comes back on the market, watch the prices drop like a rock.

Imagine all the sabre rattling stopping in Aug - what that would do for prices and the US economy jumper cable boost. Much more than his $1T fiasco in the America Re-Investment Act

Gas prices drop $1 or more - Obama would be a shoo-in for office

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Or perhaps this...

*tinfoil hat time*

Who removed the person who cost Iran billions of dollars and many lives during a war in the 1980s? George Bush when he invaded Iraq.

What if Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is funneling money to Karl Roves super-pac and isn't going to release their oil to the world market if sanctions are removed prior to November until after the election so as to hurt the present administration.

Why would Karl Rove's super-pac take money from a foreign country. Super-pacs are designed to be an anonymous place where people can pool money it would be nigh impossible to find out where the money is coming from... Thanks SCOTUS

Why would they do that? "Some say" the last time they received arms from the U.S. was prior to and after the Carter Administration. The Iranian's didn't release their embassy hostages until after Carter was voted out.

*takes of conspiracy hat.*

How'd you like my Alex Jonesy act?

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Or perhaps this...

*tinfoil hat time*

Who removed the person who cost Iran billions of dollars and many lives during a war in the 1980s? George Bush when he invaded Iraq.

What if Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is funneling money to Karl Roves super-pac and isn't going to release their oil to the world market if sanctions are removed prior to November until after the election so as to hurt the present administration.

Why would Karl Rove's super-pac take money from a foreign country. Super-pacs are designed to be an anonymous place where people can pool money it would be nigh impossible to find out where the money is coming from... Thanks SCOTUS

Why would they do that? "Some say" the last time they received arms from the U.S. was prior to and after the Carter Administration. The Iranian's didn't release their embassy hostages until after Carter was voted out.

*takes of conspiracy hat.*

How'd you like my Alex Jonesy act?

Needs more angst, spittle and "one world goverment" ravings.
Otherwise not bad.

I am curious as to how much storage capacity they really have.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Needs more angst, spittle and "one world goverment" ravings.
Otherwise not bad.

I am curious as to how much storage capacity they really have.

Tanker Storage
The sources, who are familiar with operations at Iran's main export terminal Kharg Island in the north of the Gulf, said 14 of National Iranian Tanker Company's (NITC) fleet of 25 very large crude carriers, each loaded with about 2 million barrels of oil, are now at anchor acting as floating storage.

A further five of Iran's nine Suezmax tankers, with capacity of one million barrels, are also parked offshore with oil aboard.
That means that of Iran's 59-million-barrel fleet of VLCCs and Suezmax sized tankers, 33 million barrels of capacity are being used to store crude at sea in the Gulf, or 56 percent of the fleet.

The Iranian shipping sources said that storage tanks on land at Kharg Island, with capacity of some 23 million barrels, are now full.

The numbers as I see it:

23M storage on land - 100% full
28M storage on VLCC - 56% capacity full
5M storage on SuezMax - 55% capacity full

If 33M was added inside 8 weeks; it would seem that they will need to get additional non-Iranian tankers and/or reduce capacity by mid June.

There are 380 VLCC tankers in the world

How many can Iran obtain and have them sitting around for storage? Payments for these tankers are $70K / day for insurance coverage.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
i wonder what the response would be if they went a bit nuts on this. no idea why i'm thinking this but what if they basically leaked all the oil they have in storage now (as no ones buying it) into the ocean? (strait of hormuz?)

keep on getting all that oil but every drop that isn't bought by another county is simply spilled into the ocean. how long until someone starts to buy it? how else could anyone respond short of military action?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Link- Half Iran tanker fleet storing oil at sea

If you can not sell it, store it.

When the storage lockers are full; then shut down.

50% in 2 months.

100% potentially by end of June.

When that oil comes back on the market, watch the prices drop like a rock.

Imagine all the sabre rattling stopping in Aug - what that would do for prices and the US economy jumper cable boost. Much more than his $1T fiasco in the America Re-Investment Act

Gas prices drop $1 or more - Obama would be a shoo-in for office

You mean the thing that is estimated to have created or saved millions of jobs. (I think the numbers were 1.6 to 2.7 million as the estimates) Also gave Americans the single largest one time tax break in US history. It wasn't a fiasco by any means, just the GOP has managed to convince the weaker minded that it didn't work.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
The number of jobs created/saved was inflated.

Also, those were jobs that needed to go anyhow.

Those jobs were kept around for 1-2 years and then evaporated anyhow. It was a federal government handout to the public sector.

Unemployment still climbed during that time frame.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
At least you admit that it kept people employed for 1-2 years.

And then what - they are out of a job still; Tax Dollars were wasted on what was not any solution; just a delaying tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.