Explain This Simpsons Joke

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
dpc2Qpy.png

Why funny?

Airport Guy: I am so terribly sorry, sir. It appears that your tiger has been sent to St. Louis.
Tiger guy 1: Mm-hmm. I should send you to St. Louis!
Tiger guy 2: No! No, he's not worth it.
Airport Guy: Can you please indicate your tiger type on this chart?
Both Tiger Guys: Mmm, number 6.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
its not funny.

But the reason they want you to think its funny is because Siegfried and Roy are entertainers who always use a white tiger in their act.
And the two guys in the scene are spoofs of Siegfried and Roy.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
dpc2Qpy.png

Why funny?

Airport Guy: I am so terribly sorry, sir. It appears that your tiger has been sent to St. Louis.
Tiger guy 1: Mm-hmm. I should send you to St. Louis!
Tiger guy 2: No! No, he's not worth it.
Airport Guy: Can you please indicate your tiger type on this chart?
Both Tiger Guys: Mmm, number 6.
When you lose your luggage this is what you go through. They are just playing it off that as a tiger instead. Like they often misplace tigers so often that they have a chart for different tigers.

bigi

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
The world is very simple really. There are those who get The Simpsons and those who don't.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
When you lose your luggage this is what you go through. They are just playing it off that as a tiger instead. Like they often misplace tigers so often that they have a chart for different tigers.
This is the closest thing to an explanation I've heard so far. This is most likely it, because they got off a plane from India. And actually is funny. HA!

Oct 20, 2005

Thank you for using the proper spelling of "lose". It is a rare thing in today's world.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Yes, this is the joke. And it's funny.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
giphy.gif