Experiences w/ mods

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
has anyone ever been bitched at by moderators b/c of off topic posts at this board ;)

Not until now.

AnandTech Moderator

Igor

Oct 9, 1999
It seems that my yesterday post about the funny coupon names in Microsoft email got deleted. Mods or a bug?!
P.S. the message was the real one I received from MS...

Igor:
Numerous abuses in the Hot Deals Forum led to our policy of
forbidding the posting of coupon codes at AnandTech.

AnandTech Moderator

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
see, the mods would never do this kinda thing :p

Nope, never. Not us. No sirree. Must have been sunspot activity. ;)

AnandTech Moderator

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
For some reason the mods found my sig "Is a senior member one of those shrivalled up penises that old men have?" somehow against their family website policies. Yet I've had that sig for many months now & no one's taken offence.

It really doesnt make sense, seeing as there are no offensive words in that sig. Also 50% of the population have penises too, so they arn't a big deal. Really penises are about as family friendly as you can get, as you can't have families without penises. Whereas they don't mind people posting topics about handguns, & when you consider how many children accidently kill each other with handguns, they are about as unfamily a product one can have. Whereas penises are about the most family freindly thing one can post a topic on.

Obviously the mods have a some sort of dysfunctional hangup about body parts. No wonder there are so many screwed up people with people in authority having hangups on such natural everyday topics (afterall what man doesnt touch his penis every day).

So why mods do you people mention products that kill families, whereas you somehow take offence by something that makes families.
Obviously the mod is a hungup American, afterall Americans are about the only people in the western world that take offense at topless girls at the beach. Why else would they be the only western country wheres its illegal to have half the population bath without a top on.
So immature arnt they, no wonder they love shooting each other with their official Anandtech mod aproved family friendly handguns.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Wow, those mods have been busy today! That's it, make them work. By the way, how much do volunteers make again? :p

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000

<< anand should double the pay of them mods. >>

I also agree mods' paychecks be doubled:
$0 x 2 = $00 - they earn every penny of it.

DABANSHEE, I feel for you. mods have deleted two of my sigs:
1) I would like to see things your way, but I can't stick my head that far up my ass.
2) Those communist moderators deleted my old sig because they thought it was &quot;inappropriate.&quot; Will work for new sigs.

hehe, I'm glad my post is bringing so much mods' participation. only if they had more sense of humor in other posts and topics...

Tiger

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
The mods of these forums are the finest collection of human beings it has ever been my privelege to be associated with.

They are the cream of the crop, top notch, caring and sensitive individuals all. They should all be considered for the Nobel peace prize. They are the &quot;Mother Theresa's&quot; of the internet.:)

I'll not stand by and have their sainted name smeared any longer. To all Mod bashers, A Pox on your house.:|

Too Thick?;)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
.o(Apparently Tiger forgot he already has his &quot;elite&quot; status... Brown nosing no longer required!)

Viper GTS

Lilianna

Jan 23, 2000
No comment.

Well actually I'll say that I haven't had any personaly experiences with the Mods, I didn't need to. I've pretty much left anandtech (not going to bother capitalizing it) for many reasons. Mostly because of the behaviors of the Mods. :( (Heheh, will I get banned for saying that?)

EDIT: Hi jhu

Igor

Oct 9, 1999
Mods, I was not posting the coupon code per se. I wanted people to have a laugh when they see them.... Not to mention those where nowhere close to being a hot deal worthy posting here.
They where in a publically available newsletter. I still think it was a bit overkill on your side :(

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
The mods locked my thread about some annoying website with a messed up furby thing (when you close the windows 2 more pop up and bounce around the screen). They said it might crash some computers. I warned people.

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
I posted that furby thing at another BBS and it caues Major flame up...some people just cant take a joke.