postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Just wondering what kind of exercise people are doing and details, For example running, how many miles/meters a day. Might be inspirational for people desiring to get in the shape.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
One sit-up everyday. I do half in the morning when I wake up, and finish it at night when i sleep.

Oh, and plus I go to the gym 3 times a week..Mon Weds Sat, and the other days I usually jump rope at home in front of the TV. Great excercise for breaking a sweat while still being in front of the TV.

bobsmith1492

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2004
Hm, I ran about 650 miles this summer (culminating in the Chicago Marathon). Haven't run more than 15 minutes since....

My room mate and I did 100 pushups a day throughout the month of November.

I'm open to suggestions for the next thing? I realize the pushups weren't that big of a deal, but hey... I've got no upper-body strength, so I thought it was good.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Gym for an hour and a half, two or three times a week. I kicked down the cash for a personal trainer, and I'm very happy with the results so far.

TheoPetro

Banned
Nov 30, 2004
monday its chest and tricepts: (in order) Flat bench, decline bench, incline bench, flies, flat dumbell press, close grip flat bench press, tricept pull downs (2 hands), tricept pull downs (one hand), skull crushers

wed its back and bicepts: Reverse situps, seated cable row, barbel row, one arm dumbell row, front lat pulldown, back lat pulldown, barbel curls, preacher curls, dumbel curls

friday its shoulders and abs: military press (barbel), military press (dumbel), front dumbel raises, side dumbel raises, crunches, crunches + med ball, knee raises on parallel bars,

each workout takes ~1:30-2:00 and by the end you are so wiped out its hard to drive home.

cardio is going to be thrown in there on tuesday and thursday and will consist of running and swimming.....whenever I get around to it

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
15 regular push ups
15 wide push ups
15 triangle push ups
+1 to each day I do them, trying for no breaks.

30 crunches
60 side to side crunches
30 reverse crunches
+2 for each day I do them.

Then some leg stretching exercises to develop more flexibility there.

Jinru

Feb 6, 2006
Originally posted by: TheoPetro
monday its chest and tricepts: (in order) Flat bench, decline bench, incline bench, flies, flat dumbell press, close grip flat bench press, tricept pull downs (2 hands), tricept pull downs (one hand), skull crushers

wed its back and bicepts: Reverse situps, seated cable row, barbel row, one arm dumbell row, front lat pulldown, back lat pulldown, barbel curls, preacher curls, dumbel curls

friday its shoulders and abs: military press (barbel), military press (dumbel), front dumbel raises, side dumbel raises, crunches, crunches + med ball, knee raises on parallel bars,

each workout takes ~1:30-2:00 and by the end you are so wiped out its hard to drive home.

cardio is going to be thrown in there on tuesday and thursday and will consist of running and swimming.....whenever I get around to it

Nice work with the Push/Pull routine. Is there a reason why you aren't doing any weighted leg workouts? Maybe add some squats and deadlifts to either days.

For me, I've just been a coach potato ever since college starts. I only work out when I visit home and use the CrossBow. It's Probably about time I decide to join a local gym.

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Have a bowflex at my house, from May until October I was using it every day, since then I have gotten a girlfriend so don't have as much time so usually only 3 times a week... but sex is also a good workout. Usually an hour or so a day on the bowflex, and prior to using it I had never exercised at all. Figured I could drop a few pounds as I was 220 lbs and 6'1" so exercised enough to get fit, now I weigh 177 and feel pretty healthy.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
1 1/2 hours of weight training 4 times a week and at least 45 minutes of heart pounding cardio 4 to 6 times a week.