Excuse me WTF

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
As sad as it is, if a white man or possibly woman had run against Hunter I’m fairly certain the race would have been closer if not flipped.

Well, we have some very recent races to compare against, so let's put your certainty to the test:

2018 R - 52 D - 46 (Non-white name)
2016 R - 64 D - 37 (white name)
2014 R - 71 D - 29 (white name)
2012 R - 68 D - 32 (white name)
2010 R - 57 D - 39 (white name *** BUT GIRL OMGZ!! ***)

White names don't seem to help democrats win in the 50th congressional district. The stats & trends don't match your certain judgement of racism. In fact, the best results in a decade for Dems have been running a non-white person.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Well, we have some very recent races to compare against, so let's put your certainty to the test:

White names don't seem to help democrats win in the 50th congressional district. The stats & trends don't match your certain judgement of racism. In fact, the best results in a decade for Dems have been running a non-white person.

Do you live in this district ? Asking seriously.

You seemed to miss the part where I stated this was petty solid Republican territory to begin with. Hunter was also not under federal indictment for any of those contests.
Also Hunter, blatantly used racism and islamophobia in his ads and speeches during the campaign, it rang in well with the electorate there.

Jul 9, 2009
That either of you say this out loud, in public, proves that not only do both of you support PARTY over country, but that you're both absolutely fucking devoid of any integrity, what-so-ever.

Congrats on that, collaborators!

Don't worry. The liberal super power is memory. We don't forget. Favorited. Forever.

Thanks!
You're welcome and thank you for once again proving my point.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Nothing unusual there, i'd rather vote for a dead Republican pimp over any Democrat any day of the week. The dead pimp would probably be more honest, have more honor and more integrity than any Democrat i've even been in a forum with.
You ok man? You dont own any guns or nothing right?

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010

I think you disproved your own point. A "non-white name" ran against a guy who's indicted on 60 counts wire fraud and will likely go to jail, and who told the navy to go fuck themselves, in military district. And he only get 9 points more than a Dem did in a "regular" election?? WTF? Hunter should have gotten 2% of the vote max, only from the wire fraud fans.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
orange county used to be a r stronghold. Then donnie toad dick fucked with their housing tax writeoffs. Gone.
Lots of military contractors have headquarters/and facilities in the area. You have pockets of 70% Hispanics in places like Anaheim, and Orange, Southeast Asians, somewhat concentrated in Garden Grove/ Westchester, but there's more whites to the east (the hills) and to the west think Huntington Beach, the coast. The only use I found for the Orange Country Register was to look in the Fryzes ads, maybe wrap fish.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
I think you disproved your own point. A "non-white name" ran against a guy who's indicted on 60 counts wire fraud and will likely go to jail, and who told the navy to go fuck themselves, in military district. And he only get 9 points more than a Dem did in a "regular" election?? WTF? Hunter should have gotten 2% of the vote max, only from the wire fraud fans.

Surprise, people like to vote for their team even if their team does bad things. That's a measure of how bad the tribalism has gotten in America.

Your assumption about what the votes should have been doesn't reflect anything we've ever seen, I think. You are building up a false "the only possible solution for my assumptions not being met is racism" type argument.

Anyhow, lock him up.