Discussion Excellent deal on a Snapdragon 845 Device.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
For those that care about emulation up to Playstation 2 on mobile devices, there's an excellent deal on Ebay for an refurb LG G7 ThinQ. Its for sale for only $74

I am not going to post a direct link here, in case these are not allowed, but you can ask me.

I am not affiliated with the seller in any way, and I saw the deal on dealnews.com where you can search for this deal and the link on your own.

The phone itself is kind of crappy, but the Snapdragon 845 will run quite a bit of different platforms pretty well! Just connect a controller via Bluetooth and go nuts! One big issue is Android Oreo 8, but I am pretty sure these can be rooted and newer version of Android installed.

If you love mobile emulation feel free to chime in and add to the discussion.

• Love
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I have one in a drawer somewhere. It was an OK phone for the time. Excellent speaker if I recall.

Reactions: ibex333

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I have one in a drawer somewhere. It was an OK phone for the time. Excellent speaker if I recall.

So yes, I have the G8 and the speaker is excellent on those too. another huge bonus is that audio jack so these are excellent as a portable mp3 player.

Jul 27, 2020
LG likes to differentiate their phones with dedicated audio circuitry for a premium listening experience. I think there was a previous model that got rave reviews for its pristine audio quality.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
LG likes to differentiate their phones with dedicated audio circuitry for a premium listening experience. I think there was a previous model that got rave reviews for its pristine audio quality.
I know their early G-series (G3, 4, and 5 ime) had pretty nice cameras as well, and decent displays, etc. Too bad they're out of the mobile market now.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I know their early G-series (G3, 4, and 5 ime) had pretty nice cameras as well, and decent displays, etc. Too bad they're out of the mobile market now.

ouch... what in the world happened? Do you know if they are permanently out or coming back sometime soon?

PCmodder78

Sep 27, 2022
For those that care about emulation up to Playstation 2 on mobile devices, there's an excellent deal on Ebay for an refurb LG G7 ThinQ. Its for sale for only $74

I am not going to post a direct link here, in case these are not allowed, but you can ask me.

I am not affiliated with the seller in any way, and I saw the deal on dealnews.com where you can search for this deal and the link on your own.

The phone itself is kind of crappy, but the Snapdragon 845 will run quite a bit of different platforms pretty well! Just connect a controller via Bluetooth and go nuts! One big issue is Android Oreo 8, but I am pretty sure these can be rooted and newer version of Android installed.

If you love mobile emulation feel free to chime in and add to the discussion.

Looks like locked to Verizon. If not I'll get one.

Reactions: ibex333
Jul 27, 2020
LG G7 ThinQ.
Thank you so much for the post. It made me search for a deal on Thinq devices and I found the lowest price on a V50 Korean version for $182 which I think Is great for Snapdragon 855, 6GB RAM and 128GB storage, plus the LG attention to detail on the audio part (this one has something called Meridian tuned).

The phone is so thin and light and pretty snappy. And the latest update to it was today! Good to see that LG hasn't abandoned it completely. Yet.

Zor Prime

Nov 7, 1999
Don't sleep on the V60s. For a long while now they've been almost dirt cheap.

I've bought 2 G8s and 3 V60s. The G8s are nice but the V60s are basically the last flagship and are still very solid. 5G phones, too. The white model is gorgeous with a clear case. Insane battery life.

I have a knack for buying busted phones and repairing them myself, that's why I've bought so many, and hand them out to friends and family so they're not using junk.

They double as sublime audio players if you use FLAC files. It's amazing.

spdfreak

Mar 6, 2000
I have an old G6 and it was a great phone at the time. But my favorite phone was my Nokia Icon which had an amazing camera and sound with 4 mics. It's still good for 1080 video because the audio recording is so good. Is there a way to use old phones as vid surveillance cameras in the house on wifi?

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I have an old G6 and it was a great phone at the time. But my favorite phone was my Nokia Icon which had an amazing camera and sound with 4 mics. It's still good for 1080 video because the audio recording is so good. Is there a way to use old phones as vid surveillance cameras in the house on wifi?

off course there is! Look this up on Google. There are a million easy guides.