exam for a government job

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
I've sent in an application to the office of personel in oklahoma for a position statistical analyst, and I called them, and they say that they are mailing a letter for me to go and take an exam.

I've never taken any exam for a job before, so I dont know what to expect. Is this a test that is strictly related to my job application? i.e, statistics?

all the lady told me is that it is a subjective test that is work related.....

Being out of college and no job, I really want to do well in this "exam." what is in the exam and can I study for it?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I'l'l let you know just as soon as I become the guy in charge of hiring at the office of personnel in oklahoma.

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
I was just wondering because I want to know if it is kind of like an SAT/ACT type of exam, or a "what would you do in this type of situation" type of exam....

btw, is that what a civil service exam is? If i buy a book about civil service exam, is that a study guide for it?

looking at the job description, it says that the job is based 100% on the written test.....so I"m wondering what this "written" test is.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
Being a state employee and having taken such exams, those tests tend to be pretty easy, as long as you have done basically ok in classes related to the exam. For a statistical analyst exam (assuming its entry-level), I'd expect to see Stat 1 type questions and some math problems.