Ex-Fox News analyst rips Sean Hannity and calls the network a 'destructive propaganda machine'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Since it is obvious even to the most right wing people on Fox who maintain a loyalty to the virtue of the constitution as their primary moral concern, that Fox News is a propaganda machine that is destroying the nation, it seems reasonable to me to allow people on Fox to say whatever they want, but to have an independent arm of the FCC examine any claims made there as to whether they are subversive, and if found so, to bring charges of treason against those making the claim. Conservatives like me are big on personal responsibility, as a conditional factor of freedom including freedom of speech.

You forgot the "do as I say, not as I do" clause, it's easy to miss in all the hateful rhetoric

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Man are any of you watching Fox News?!?!?

Shep Smith just said Trump gave Un everything he wanted, legitimacy, photo ops, the world on a platter....

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Watched Fox earlier today. 4 talking heads seated at a couch. One lady made a factual statement in reference to the document that was signed by Trump and KJU that the others didn't want to hear. It was regarding the completely absent subject of North Koreans political prisoners.

The other 3 jumped her shit faster than a speeding ticket then cut to commercial.

I really wish Americans were smarter than what Fox has to offer...but Fox must be doing something right. Idiots keep watching.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Watched Fox earlier today. 4 talking heads seated at a couch. One lady made a factual statement in reference to the document that was signed by Trump and KJU that the others didn't want to hear. It was regarding the completely absent subject of North Koreans political prisoners.

The other 3 jumped her shit faster than a speeding ticket then cut to commercial.

I really wish Americans were smarter than what Fox has to offer...but Fox must be doing something right. Idiots keep watching.
I think it fills an important niche for people who live in altered reality. They live there out of motivation. They have unexamined sacred cows the holiness of which they cling to because it gives them a sense of self worth. This is necessary for them because the real source of self worth the love of self was taken from them as children, as it was for all of us. For some the lose was sufficiently complete the only way to survive was to unconsciously alter reality.

The consequence of multitudes of people who hate themselves with so many of them adopting an altered reality strategy to survive, is that ones altered reality is constantly running up against reality. This causes endless personal stress but opens the door to confirmation bias as a remedy. We have a whole and rather huge section of the population seeking desperately to maintain their self deception and that's where the pundits come in. Their function is to supply a steady stream of rationalizations behind which the self deceived can point to as so called rational reasons to continue to believe as they do. If you want to know how deep this need runs, try feeling yourself what you actually feel. Consider also, my last remark, and how you may lean toward the idea that I don't know what I am talking about. "You know what you feel, right?" I used to think that too.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Since it is obvious even to the most right wing people on Fox who maintain a loyalty to the virtue of the constitution as their primary moral concern, that Fox News is a propaganda machine that is destroying the nation, it seems reasonable to me to allow people on Fox to say whatever they want, but to have an independent arm of the FCC examine any claims made there as to whether they are subversive, and if found so, to bring charges of treason against those making the claim. Conservatives like me are big on personal responsibility, as a conditional factor of freedom including freedom of speech.

You'd have to have indications wherein the conspirators spoke of their deliberate desire to influence public opinion by encouraging people to flaunt the Law. But I enjoy the spirit of your thoughts. I still hold out hope of irrefutable proof that Trump engaged in treasonous acts and intent. You might be able to prove misprision of treason if you could find someone like Manaport who is already going away for a lifetime for crimes in the neighborhood of treason. Trump would have had to have foreknowledge, which he would have been legally obligated to report to the FBI.

With the cell-phone -- and hopefully some archive of calls available with proper warrant if it exists -- you might be able to catch Trump in the act and make the charges stick.

If that sort of Justice can be achieved, then we should also consider overturning just about every executive order and executive decision made by Trump, reinstate the ACA with a good program of statutory revision, and overturn the tax-cuts.

I wouldn't trust any decision, even that of a dog-catcher, by someone in Putin's back pocket. But you don't need a legal decision to reverse everything done by the Trumpist termites. You only need scientific common sense and a legislature with the balls to impeach, indict and convict.