Ex-CIA director: U.S. faces 'World War IV'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
But it takes two to tango. American geoploitics is more akin to the Third Reich than these small groups. These people are more akin to the Finns during WW2, as they resorted to the definitions of terrorism to resist Nazi occupation. The Nazi government forcibly occupied the territory of other countries in order to push their own BETTER viewpoints.
Akin to the Finns during WW2? :confused:

The Nazi government forcibly occupied the territory of other countries in order to conquer these countries, steal their wealth, use their people for slave labor, when not mass-murdering them, advance their brand of extreme nationalistic Aryan Supremecy and fascism. The Nazis wanted a Superior Race - theirs - to rule the world.

If we were Nazis, we wouldn't want Iraq to rule itself democratically. We would dig lots of very big holes in the desert, then bulldoze the bodies of 25 million 'inferior raced' darkies into them.

There is no comparison and what an insult to Finns!

Al Qaeda only recently begun to cite the Palestinian cause because it saw a recruitment opportunity, not because it particularly gives a sh-t about the Palestinian cause. It managed to become an accomplished international terrorist group long before it ever cited US support for Israel as being among the reasons it hates the US. Islamic extremism has little to do with the US, it has to do with hopelessly failed Islamic societies and misplaced frustration for those failures.

These societies have been unmitigated failures in the modern world precisely because of the repressive and fundamentalist religious beliefs. The United States is not responsible for that.

Well, on second thought, I suppose you could argue that if the world weren't modernizing, if it remained the backwards and repressive world it was 200 years ago, then by comparison these Islamic societies wouldn't be 'failures'. Instead, they'd be just your average repressive theocratic society, like so many others; backwards, fearful, distrusting, closed, and impoverished.

So shame on the advancement of open societies, economic prosperity, secular governments, and democracy, being the bane to humanity that they are. We all secretly desire to live in a place like Taliban ruled Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.
rolleye.gif

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Are you still around Andy?

Have you found out why Israel invaded Lebanon yet? Did you read how the PLO was using Lebanon as a base for attacking Israel after the PLO was kicked out of Jordan? Have you found a link confirming that the US gave a 'green light' to Israel yet?

Can you tell me why no one protests Syria now occupying Lebanon?

Do you want to pick any more so-called facts on the page you linked to and discuss them?

How about this little gem.
1973: Airlifted U.S. military aid enables Israel to turn the tide in war with Syria and Egypt

It conveniently forgets to mention the Soviet aid to the Arab countries, aid that was sent to those countries attacking Israel before the US sent aid to Israel. Why didn't it mention that little fact? Could it be that it just didn't fit the agenda of trying to make the US look bad no matter what the true facts are? Does that agenda help to promote peace in the region or does it just stir up the 'Arab street" even more. Do the authors even care that people will die based on their lies?

zer0burn

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2002
1982: U.S. gives "green light" to Israeli invasion of Lebanon,9 killing some 17 thousand civilians.10 U.S. chooses not to invoke its laws prohibiting Israeli use of U.S. weapons except in self‑defense. U.S. vetoes several Security Council resolutions condemning the invasion.
Heres your green light :)

linky

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: FallenHero
am i missing something? He said world war 4...when was the third one?

i'm wondering the same thing, did i miss something in school? :confused:

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: etech
Are you still around Andy?

Have you found out why Israel invaded Lebanon yet? Did you read how the PLO was using Lebanon as a base for attacking Israel after the PLO was kicked out of Jordan? Have you found a link confirming that the US gave a 'green light' to Israel yet?

I have quickly found this article by the BBC.

It doesn't paint a pretty picture for me concerning the Israeli's actions with respect to the refugees - even if I can see their motives for removing the PLO from Lebanon.

Quotes from BBC article:

The Israeli army launched a massive military incursion into Lebanon in the summer of 1982. Operation "Peace for Galilee" was intended to wipe out Palestinian guerrilla bases near Israel's northern border, although Defence Minister Ariel Sharon pushed all the way to Beirut and expelled the PLO from the country.

and

From 16 to 18 September, the Phalangists - who were allied to Israel - killed hundreds of Palestinians in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps as they were encircled by Israeli troops in one of the worst atrocities of nearly a century of conflict in the Middle East. Mr Sharon resigned from his post as defence minister after a 1983 Israeli inquiry concluded that he had failed to act to prevent the massacre.

and

1983 Ariel Sharon: The West Bank and Gaza "will not be, not now and not in the future, a Palestinian state"

I have yet to look for the appropriate law that the US invoked to ensure that Israel used its weapons for "self-defence" (which I have difficulty in believing amounts to allowing an invasion). I also have not confirmed what resolutions - if any were vetoed - although given the history I would imagine that the US probably did veto any resolution condemning Israeli action (not confirmed by me yet though).

Cheers,

Andy