evga Nvidia 7900gt artifacting problems

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I have a evga 7900 GT superclock edition. When i boot up my system i notice a few red blue and green dots around the screen, but i don't really mind them. When i get into windows i get the same little pixels on my screen (it looks sort of like stuck pixels on my monitor, but moving a mouse over them changes it and gets rido f them) and it's been getting a bit worse.

when i play UT2k4 i get some tearing of artifacts ( eg. switching to machine gun makes the texture go across the entire screen)

i just tried fixing it a little today but it's not working that well. I tried installing new drivers but they made it worse. I reverted back to v93 and it's pretty bad still.

Is this a driver issue, defective 7900gt or some other problem?

I have a monster machine and i don't think my powersupply would be an issue, but i'll let that up to you guys to decide

c2d e6600
asus p5wdh deluxe
seasonic s12 600w
2 gigs of ram
xfi
raptor
xp pro

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
It is getting to hot, turn the fan up 80%+ and see if it stops. RMA time if you still have a warranty.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
had this problem months ago-

is it an XFX card?

there was a recall in them a few months ago, its a batch. something with bad memory chips

your card is slowly dieing to its death.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
it's an evga. i got the card the first month the 7900GT was released.

its been continually getting worse ( the artifacting problem) and what you said was one of the things i hoped someone would say (other than it's a driver problem)- at least i have a lifetime warranty on the card and can get it RMA'ed. I hoped it wasnt a mobo/PSU incompatibility or something lame like that

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
turns out it's my card. just plugged in my 7900GS from my media PC and it works fine. seems like this card IS dying a slow and painful death, which is unfortunate. Lifetime warranty ftw, i just hope this process wont be a headache...