EVGA GTX670SC rare flickering

jidery

Mar 31, 2012
I can't seem to find any particular patern to why this is happening, but I am getting a very rare screen flicker with my 2gb EVGA GTX 670 Super Clocked. I am running at 1920x1200 and the monitor works perfectly fine. My drivers are the latest as of today.

The flickering seems to be more common in games, but it does happen in windows occasionally. The flicker can either be black lines pulsing through the screen quickly, or the screen goes blank for 1 second at most.

The card runs at 50c with a good load like Skyrim, so I don't think heat is an issue.

Any ideas?

ZeroRift

Apr 13, 2005
I would check the system and application logs and make sure there aren't any errors (eg. "Display Driver Stopped Responding", etc.) around the time the flickers occur. Does this happen with onboard graphics as well? Might also try different video outputs from your card and, as always, double check your cabling.

Last, but not least, you could try a Diagnostic Startup to make sure it's not related to any third party software.

birthdaymonkey

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2010
Aren't the EVGA 670 SC the cards that have been partially recalled? I think that if you contact EVGA they will upgrade you to a 670 FTW.

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
I thought my launch card was one of these when I started getting flickers and then just craziness on my display. I snapped a couple of shots and was in the process of emailing eVGA when I decided to test one more thing. Since I was going to have to pull the card to limp along with an old one while the RMA was happening, I put in a GTX 460, but while the DVI cable was totally disconnected, I saw the panel flash as before. Uh-oh. Then when it behaved exactly the same as the 670 with no POST screen, no Win7 loading, only coming up when it made it to the desktop, I knew the truth was my 7-8 year old Dell 2405 LCD was fritzing out. Bother. I do photo editing, etc. so I can't settle for a biz class, sub-$200 display.

Also, shouldn't this topic be in the Video Cards forum?

oynaz

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Also, shouldn't this topic be in the Video Cards forum?

I don't think so. The culprit is probably the video card, but might be the monitor, cable, or even (though unlikely) RAM, mobo or PSU.