EVGA GTX 670 = Dead

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Problem was you claimed "I'll be getting the same defective reference model back". They offered to replace your card and you weren't happy with that. That's not EVGA's fault whatsoever. The SC cards have a legitimate issue, the non overclocked ones do not. Also, if you overclocked it too far and that "broke" it it's not their responsibility either. However, nobody would turn away a return for that unless it was something obvious you modified.

So return it to Amazon, that is your option. Amazon has a good return policy. Don't blame EVGA because you were not happy with getting a new card that would work. You always could have just returned it to Amazon in the first place. As far as I'm concerned they didn't have to offer FTW cards to replace the SC cards but they are and that's great. I bet Gigabyte wouldn't replace reference models with windforce would they?

My card additionally came with a chip on the PCB. They were telling me that it needed additional approval due to physical damage. The chip was next to the blower fan which could have only been done while installing the fan to the PCB. I pulled it out of the box this way. So really, it wasn't going to be a painless advance RMA for me, which I would have to wait to see if they would even accept the card at this point. I just didn't want to try my luck with another 'untested' new card.

I did buy the card on launch day and I didn't get a chance to play around with it until yesterday. Its pretty disappointing when everything is working fine then all of the sudden the screen goes black on a restart.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
That's reasonable. It just seems that you were venting on the forum over something out of everyone's control.

Anyway amazon would have been the easiest I think.

I didn't mean to come off as a dbag but I think sometimes companies deserve more credit. Good luck to you.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
That's reasonable. It just seems that you were venting on the forum over something out of everyone's control.

Anyway amazon would have been the easiest I think.

I didn't mean to come off as a dbag but I think sometimes companies deserve more credit. Good luck to you.

It was more less a single bad experience... and a bad day at work yesterday, haha.

I dropped it off at UPS this morning, its on it's way back to Amazon.

chloros

Feb 1, 2011
Amazon are great with returns. Cant say much about the Kindle Fire since im on my 3rd but they quickly resolved the issues i had with the previous 2.

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just got off the phone with an another rep this morning at EVGA. He was literally getting mad at me because I couldn't hear him over the phone that well. He set up the advanced RMA and then asked me if there was any physical damage to the card. I told him that when I got the card I noticed the corner of the PCB had a 'slight' chip in it from the factory. Then he goes, well, we will need to review this and see if it gets approved for an RMA.. I said, "well I didn't chip the card, the chip is right up against the fan blower so how can I damage that??" What ever, its like talking to a wall with these guys. I told him to cancel the RMA and my registration and I'm taking it to Amazon.

Half way through your thread the card suddenly has a "chip" in it. And then you volunteer this to EVGA on a new phone call? I would be putting some internal notes on your account if I was them. You sound super suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.