eVga GTX 570 suddenly dead after p8p67 bios update?

brottman

Jan 26, 2011
I just updated my Asus P8P67 Pro board to the new UEFI 1302 bios. It booted up fine, then I shut down to clear CMOS and move my 2 hdd's over to the Sata3 connectors while I was at it. Power back on and I am suddenly getting the long beep followed by 3 short beeps for no VGA detected, and no video on monitor.

Reseated the GTX 570 multiple times to no avail. Help!

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
Doesnt sound like a video card issue.... clearly a bios flash related issue OR its some bios setting reverted after you pressed Clear CMOS.

I suggest you start from the buttom and work your way up.

motherboard with only keyboard + gfx card, see if it boots normally ect.
if it does, keep plugging things back in, until you find out what was giveing the issues.

was it from the bios flash? was it a bios setting reverting because you pressed Clear CMOS? was it moveing HDDs to the sata ports?

pulling your 570 out and putting it back in, isnt gonna solve the issue, if its not related to it.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Hopefully you have some sort of alternate video card ? First thing is to try a different card in the system and see if it boots.

Also if you can get the system booted with an alternate card, but it still does not boot with the 570, flash back to the bios you had previously and see if the system boots.

Make sure before flashing to try a full restore to defaults in bios and try to boot with the 570, then if that doesn't work, flash back to the previous bios you had, full restore to defaults and try the 570 again.

If that does not work, then the 570 may have died somehow.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
You flashed your motherboard and your video card is dead? Maybe you just got a bad 570 or somehow had a botched flash.

Test with another video card to be sure. If the same beep happens it's more likely a bad flash.

load81

Jan 21, 2011
make sure you didnt knock the pcie power connectors loose while messing with sata wires

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
it hardly sounds like the card is the issue.

revert to 1 ram stick, unplug all unness. things, clear the cmos again. let her rip