EVGA GTX 570 HD Questions

bookwormsy

Jun 12, 2012
Howdy, so I just bought a new EVGA GTX 570 HD on eBay (has a 3 year warranty). It uses the shorter PCB, so I am not sure if aftermarket coolers would fit, all of the compatibility lists say a generic GTX 570, and I can't find a thing on google. So does anyone know exactly if there are any coolers that will fit my card? I ask this because I ran Folding@Home for a few days, and my card was at 85C, which I'm not that comfortable with. I don't have enough money for watercooling, so I need air.

Also, on that topic, when I ran F@H, there was a high pitched whine from the card. Is it that coil whine thing? Is it bad for the card? The sound isn't a problem for me, but I'm just worried if the coil whine is bad for the card.

Thanks!

Wall Street

Mar 28, 2012
I have a GTX 570 HD and put a Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo II. It fits. One issue is that the screw that holds the PCB to the bracket screws into a threaded hole in the face plate that you need to remove to install the TT II. Instead I used a small nut and bolt to hold the PCB to the bracket. The 570 HD has a different VRM layout as opposed to most GTX 570s, however the Twin Turbo II (as opposed to the Twin Turbo Pro) comes with extra VRM heatsinks of different shapes to help you cover them.

I've seen a huge drop in temps. Idle temps are now 35C with load under 60C in a hot room. This is with stock clocks and the default fan profile.

edit: Here are some good pics outlining the installation of the Twin Turbo II on the EVGA GTX 570 HD.

Last edited:

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
Op what's ur case?If possible install some additional fans and they should drop the temp quite a bit.

Wall Street

Mar 28, 2012
Op what's ur case?If possible install some additional fans and they should drop the temp quite a bit.

This is simply not true. My GTX 570 HD got up to around 85 C under full load too. This is with a 120 mm fan blowing straight on it and in a case where my CPU and mobo sensors report 27 C to 29 C at idle. The less than 80 mm stock fan that is on this card simply isn't up to task, even if the case air temperature is low. Temps dropped about 25 C (around 85 C to around 60 C) with the Twin Turbo II without changing case ventilation.

bookwormsy

Jun 12, 2012
I have a GTX 570 HD and put a Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo II. It fits. One issue is that the screw that holds the PCB to the bracket screws into a threaded hole in the face plate that you need to remove to install the TT II. Instead I used a small nut and bolt to hold the PCB to the bracket. The 570 HD has a different VRM layout as opposed to most GTX 570s, however the Twin Turbo II (as opposed to the Twin Turbo Pro) comes with extra VRM heatsinks of different shapes to help you cover them.

I've seen a huge drop in temps. Idle temps are now 35C with load under 60C in a hot room. This is with stock clocks and the default fan profile.

edit: Here are some good pics outlining the installation of the Twin Turbo II on the EVGA GTX 570 HD.

Awesome, thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

bookwormsy

Jun 12, 2012

CM Storm Sniper, with intake fans in front and bottom, and outtake fans on top and rear. There is a small fan on top of the case, leading out, and the CPU is cooled with the H100 radiator on the top.