EVGA GTX 275 1792MB Overclock

Padilla

Dec 12, 2004
Hello All, Happy New Year!!!!

Looking to sort of step it up a bit in the new year and tinker around with overclocking. I'm familiar with overclocking and have had the chance to play around with EVGA's precision tool, and stressing it with FurMark.

I tried to step up my clocks to the FTW edition of this model and I was only able to run the FurMark test for about 6 minutes before my video driver crashed, so I quit, and maxed out fans for a quick cooldown.

My stock clocks:
Core clock: 633mhz
Shader Clock: 1404mhz
Memory clock: 1134mhz (effective memory 2268mhz)

superclocked 275 is:
core clock: 648 Mhz (v.s. 633 Mhz standard)
shader clock: 1458 Mhz (v.s. 1404 Mhz standard)
memory clock: 2376 Mhz (v.s. 2268 Mhz standard)

gtx 275 ftw edition:
Core clock: 713 MHz
Shader Clock: 1512 MHz
Memory clock: 1260mhz (effective memory 2520 MHz)

I am able to stable all day using precision tool to the superclocked specs, because it's really only a small jump. However I am unable to hold at for the win edition specs. The inside of my case is immaculate all wires hidden. Right now my stock GPU temp typing this message is 34c idle. Which is pretty nice I feel.

My question is, would I be able to load onto my card, the gtx 275 ftw bios, because that will allow me a voltage increase to make that clock stable?

Max temp on furmark before the failure anyway with ftw clocks up my GPU hit 90c (board is spec'd for 105) and it remained there consistently. Advice?