EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid not detected immediately after boot

huge_crank_hank

Mar 12, 2018
I just completed a new build this past Tuesday, see here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/F4P323

As the title reads, my GPU is not being detected immediately.

Typically I have to wait 3-5 minutes after boot to utilize my second monitor, and gain access to the NVIDIA control panel. Prior to that waiting period the NVIDIA control panel is not even available. Additionally EVGA's Precision XOC software gives me the "no supported hardware detected" message during this time

Is this a BIOS related issue? Or driver related? I'm running the most recent BIOS and NVIDIA driver

I've already tried using DDU and a clean driver install.

huge_crank_hank

Mar 12, 2018
No it's factory clock at the moment. Last night the GPU wouldn't wake my DispalyPort connected monitor. Fixed that by unplugging the monitor's power cable then plugging it back in a few seconds later.

Then this morning the GPU wouldnt wake either my HDMI or DP monitor.

I disabled the auto sleep function on each monitor and the GPU is working properly now. I guess next step is moving it to the lower PCIe x16 slot if the problem returns

huge_crank_hank

Mar 12, 2018
for anyone else that runs into this issue. my problem was the Windows 10 Auto Update feature.

Every boot up, windows was trying to install a new GPU driver. I verified this by looking in the task manager, and noticed the "driver installation module" was running every time. Once the gpu started up, the driver installation module would close in task manager.

Disabling the auto update feature in windows 10 completely fixed my issue