Question EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 LED NOT Working properly HELP me please.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Just bought an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 used from another person.

He states he had it water cooled so he reapplied the thermal paste, you can see that on the picture, hope it don't void the warranty?

My main concern is that all the Colors work but when I select RED because its the color I want the FTW2 sign doesn't Light up. However it does work properly with White,Green,Blue and all the other colors I tried.

Also EVGA Logo lights up Red but the GPM (No clue what it means) is Purple I don't know how to change it. FTW2 meanwhile isn't lighting up.
I took this picture, sorry for the glare and reflection, but it should give a better idea as to what I am talking about.

Just got this thing in the mail today hope someone can help. (Should I RMA?)
50014449_10157061989281979_6665959959752081408_o (1).jpg

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
Take the card apart and ensure that everything is hooked up correctly. He might have rushed through the install and over looked a wire or two. Sounds like the red led is out to me.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Take the card apart and ensure that everything is hooked up correctly. He might have rushed through the install and over looked a wire or two. Sounds like the red led is out to me.
Man I have no clue how to do that, maybe easy for someone who has experience but I am not at that lvl yet. I'd rather pay $15 shipping and get a replacement with EVGA than to mess with it my self.

Already in the RMA process. Going to ship it today or tomorrow depending how soon they reply and confirm the rest of the information.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
I would care way more about how it performs, and if it does so at the correct temperatures, than how the colors look, but maybe that's just me. If the RMA works, that may be worth it for you.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I would care way more about how it performs, and if it does so at the correct temperatures, than how the colors look, but maybe that's just me. If the RMA works, that may be worth it for you.
Yeah I think its the best choice for me. I feel better that way at least.

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
To be fair the card will probably perform better with the thermal paste he applied than a new card will, but it's tough to say. What are your gpu temps at idle and load currently?

Taking apart a card is extremely easy, there are just a few screws. A simple video on youtube and you will be set. You really can't screw it up man.