Question EVGA giving false diagnosis to not accept RMA now.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
So it has begun... eVGA denied RMA on this guy saying board is broken.
This guy found it was a blown mosfet, and also bad ram.
Its a Red Lipped 3090 FTW3.... which were known to have solder issues, and these were the cards blowing up in New World.

Yeah, them saying they would honor RMA's.... Im starting to think they wont, and it was probably a PR thing so they could get rid of the last stocks they had.
Very Sad day to see a video like this, because eVGA usually RMA'd a card as long as it didn't look like you ran them over with a truck.
Now a tiny scratch on the PCB, and they will just say NOPE.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
I bought a 3080 FTW3 Ultra on Amazon and bought an Asurion Protection Plan for it. I’ve used Asurion once in the past, they work.

So if my card craps during the warranty, I only need to call and deal with Asurion for a refund or replacement.

So sad to hear that EVGA is not holding up their end on RMAs.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I bought a 3080 FTW3 Ultra on Amazon and bought an Asurion Protection Plan for it. I’ve used Asurion once in the past, they work.

So if my card craps during the warranty, I only need to call and deal with Asurion for a refund or replacement.

So sad to hear that EVGA is not holding up their end on RMAs.
I just sold my last EVGA card, so not my problem anymore. 💀

I can attest to their legendary great customer service being intact for PSUs. I RMA'd a 4yr+ old semi modular 850W PSU over a bad fan, and got back a NIB better fully modular model. All done extremely fast and painlessly.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Sigh...
My eVGA cards are still kicking.

I really think Andrew Han royally screwed the company.
I don't think AMD really wants a partner where they can go nuclear like that.
And well, Intel, i have no clue on what Intel wants these days.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Think I've had a total of two? RMAs with eVGA over a 10 year+ timeframe. Which with how many eVGA components I've used in builds (particularly PSUs) it is a low rate of failure.

One G2 PSU which literally blew up on first power on with a gunshot-loud bang (hey, everyone makes the occasional lemon). Replaced without issue. I still have rigs I primarily use for distributed computing which have 10+ year old G2 and P2 PSUs. The vast majority of my builds for myself and others have used eVGA G2/P2 and Corsair RMx PSUs.

The other was a RTX 2080 Ti which got the space invaders failure. I don't consider that eVGA's fault, as it was most likely faulty chips from nVidia.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I sold my 3090 FTW3 locally, but I still use the 1300W G2 PSU from EVGA, should still be in warranty. At first I was concerned the PSU or my new GPU might be unstable, but I think it might have just been a software issue, as I haven't seen any game crashes the last few days or so.