EVGA Advanced RMA (EAR) Program

Thetech

Mar 12, 2005

I was checking out Evga's website and I found this http://www.evga.com/ear/

On their site it says that the EAR program will be availible to those who purchased their cards on or after Nov.1 2006, since I purchased mine summer of 2005 does that mean I can't get my card cross shipped if it fails? If so that's a somewhat sour situation, if Evga's just going to appeal to those who frequently replace their graphics cards I don't think buying Evga's brand of cards is a good idea unless your well off and you can actually afford to replace your card every 6 months. :p

Matt2

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2001
isnt that for price discounts?

You can still purchase the EAR, you'll just have to pay $14.99 instead of $4.99... I think.

Thetech

Mar 12, 2005
No, I just reread if you are not eligible for the EAR then you can not get ANY form of cross-shipping, that's pretty foul. You'd think they'd offer the EAR program to everyone, I'd be willing to shell out a small amount of money in order to be protected under the program.

LordGestle

Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Thetech

On their site it says that the EAR program will be availible to those who purchased their cards on or after Nov.1 2006, since I purchased mine summer of 2005 does that mean I can't get my card cross shipped if it fails? If so that's a somewhat sour situation, if Evga's just going to appeal to those who frequently replace their graphics cards I don't think buying Evga's brand of cards is a good idea unless your well off and you can actually afford to replace your card every 6 months. :p
The problematic run of 7900GT's and 7900GTO's might be burning a huge whole in the bottom line (both lines are no longer in the retail chain). I give EVGA props on going above what many other vendors do but you can't help but think they are picking and choosing product lines that may have less of a failure rate.

Thetech

Mar 12, 2005
Originally posted by: LordGestle
Originally posted by: Thetech

The problematic run of 7900GT's and 7900GTO's might be burning a huge whole in the bottom line (both lines are no longer in the retail chain). I give EVGA props on going above what many other vendors do but you can't help but think they are picking and choosing product lines that may have less of a failure rate.

I have a 7800GT, I could understand them not offering cross-shipping on Geforce 2 cards but for a card that was new last year? why not?

Edit: No my cards not broken, I'm just concernd incase it does, I replaced a PSU and a motherboard in my comp this year,hopefully that's it!

avi85

Apr 24, 2006
I registered a card on their site a week ago and the purchase date was 10/27/06 and during the registration process I was offered the EAR program.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of the abovementioned card on my product page on eVGA and what shows up when I click the "Purchase advanced RMA" button