EVGA 7900GT KO

frizzybangs

May 9, 2006
I was about to buy the 7900GT CO but then I saw the KO. It seems to me that the only difference is the HSF. I am just seeing some bad reviews on the KO more so than the CO. The prices are the same on NE but i think on ZZF the KO might be 10 bucks cheaper.

Dman877

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2004
KO prolly has worse reviews cuz the cooler is crappy and loud. The CO's have better coolers.

Passenger57

May 14, 2006
Originally posted by: Dman877
KO prolly has worse reviews cuz the cooler is crappy and loud. The CO's have better coolers.

Actually, you've got that backwards. The KO has a larger cooler than the CO. It produces lower temps as well. The KO cooler covers the RAM, whereas the CO cooler (Nvidia stock) does not. Bottom line, get the 7900GT KO.

Cookie Monster

Diamond Member
May 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Passenger57
Originally posted by: Dman877

Actually, you've got that backwards. The KO has a larger cooler than the CO. It produces lower temps as well. The KO cooler covers the RAM, whereas the CO cooler (Nvidia stock) does not. Bottom line, get the 7900GT KO.

Agreed. Its mildly OCed at 500/1500 as well.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
I was gonna say, what crack was that. It is the CO that has the crappy cooler. The KO heatsink covers the memory. In terms of bad reviews. I am not sure where you are getting that from. All evga cards have had issues till late. They seem to have fixed it now, they are shipping new modified cards so... It shouldnt be a big issue. Just rma it right off the bat if you are worried.

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
You should like EVGA and if the card does come with bugs, might as well go through them in order to get it fixed. You might even get something else out of it. If the artifacting at stock and stuff is in the past, pull the trigger if you want and even if it goes bad the RMA process might actually give you a better deal with EVGA then what you thought.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
What happened is, which many people dont seem to know, there is a bad batch of 7900 series cards with bad voltage regulators apparently. Thats why there has been so many problems. The new cards have new regulators and a few modifications. So just RMA it fast to insure a newer batch card if you are really worried about it.

hardwareking

May 19, 2006
get the evga signature t series of cards.They even come close to beating the 7900 gtx.(with a little ocing ofcourse,not sure about the name)
I saw the benchmarks at theinquirer.

Sunrise089

Aug 30, 2005
Originally posted by: hardwareking
get the evga signature t series of cards.They even come close to beating the 7900 gtx.(with a little ocing ofcourse,not sure about the name)
I saw the benchmarks at theinquirer.

Not sure if this is a joke or not. Last time I checked the signature cards were very over priced, and had performance that a normal 7900GT with a voltmod could easily equal for a lot less.