Everyone please help test our webcam!!!

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
He blew a bubble, with his gum, while I was singing! He can't do that while I'm singing!!

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Looks like film from a camera to me! A B&W Negative.

Take that back, it is now working fine and in color. Now for some adult subject material :D

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Ahhh.... stick figure chicks. Good cam feed. Coffe Cup Webcam worked for you huh? I was using WebCam32 awhile back.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
You go to UVM? My best buddy went there too. He was floor mates with Legion of Doom member John LeClair.

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
"The page cannot be displayed"

the page shows up but I get this error in the webcam box...

yhdd

Banned
Jul 10, 2002
I too have a webcam and i was wonderin.....how exactly do u go about settin one of these up so u can live broadcast to the net?

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
You need to have software that will act as a webcam server that pulls the video stream directly from your computer and feeds it on demand (and a webpage where the live feed will be nested.) The two different techniques for this are called "server push" and "client pull" although I honestly can't remember the differences in how you implement them. You need some software like CoffeCup Webcam or WebCam 32 or some other alternative. Most webcams tend to operate on an FTP basis, that is, they periodically upload via FTP an image to a server somewhere. Those are the kind where you see "image updates every X seconds." For cheap and easy streaming, Yahoo Messenger has a webcam utility built into it that doesn't offer great quality, but at least gives you a start, your viewers just have to be on Yahoo Messenger is all.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
hey. i am the owner of the webcam. i was running it.

i use webcamxp for the software. www.webcamxp.com

uhh. i live in LEE, at vt. not pritchard.

thanks to all the help'd test it out.

peace.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
i dont run the cam all the time :\ so when its not running that error comes up

nord1899

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: JoPh
hey. i am the owner of the webcam. i was running it.

i use webcamxp for the software. www.webcamxp.com

uhh. i live in LEE, at vt. not pritchard.

thanks to all the help'd test it out.

peace.

Aw man, Lee is so tame compared to Pritchard. Least it was when I was there a few years ago.