Everybody -my son is 21 today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Mr Incognito
Originally posted by: Ns1
Originally posted by: Insomniator
21 shots?

Favorite birthday shot to buy people

Buy them an irish car bomb. Also buy 2-5 shots of 151.

Put all the 151 in the mug with the guiness. Don't tell the lucky SOB.

Watch them down it as fast as they can. Watch the hilarity ensue.

You're either lying or one cruel man.

The bartender at yankee doodle actually refused to make me me the drink unless I gave him some 4-5 ID's. The cocktail waitress didn't mind.

I only used 2 shots of 151 since it was like his 12th drink of the night. Depends on the size of the shotglasses too. I think they used the doubleshots.

:shocked: that's 3~8 regular shots in one glass dude. i've done something similiar before but i suffered for many, many days. does the guiness take out the 151 burning?

NOTHING takes out the 151 burning. They're usually too preoccupied with the curdling of the Bailey's to notice until it's too late. *Note* This only works with a proper drinker who can consume the drink fast enough to prevent the bailey's from curdling AND before he realizes wtf is going on.

I have personally consumed some 20oz of 151 in a 5-10 minute sitting. I puked about 9 times in between.

I have also consumed some 16oz of everclear in 1 sitting. That was actually not as bad as the 151 mentioned above. I puked for a good 5 minutes after, and drank 2 pitchers of water.

I would say 151 tastes worse, but everclear burns more.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Mr Incognito
Originally posted by: Insomniator
21 shots?

Favorite birthday shot to buy people

Buy them an irish car bomb. Also buy 2-5 shots of 151.

Put all the 151 in the mug with the guiness. Don't tell the lucky SOB.

Watch them down it as fast as they can. Watch the hilarity ensue.

You're either lying or one cruel man.

The bartender at yankee doodle actually refused to make me me the drink unless I gave him some 4-5 ID's. The cocktail waitress didn't mind.

I only used 2 shots of 151 since it was like his 12th drink of the night. Depends on the size of the shotglasses too. I think they used the doubleshots.

:shocked: that's 3~8 regular shots in one glass dude. i've done something similiar before but i suffered for many, many days. does the guiness take out the 151 burning?

NOTHING takes out the 151 burning. They're usually too preoccupied with the curdling of the Bailey's to notice until it's too late. *Note* This only works with a proper drinker who can consume the drink fast enough to prevent the bailey's from curdling AND before he realizes wtf is going on.

I have personally consumed some 20oz of 151 in a 5-10 minute sitting. I puked about 9 times in between.

I have also consumed some 16oz of everclear in 1 sitting. That was actually not as bad as the 151 mentioned above. I puked for a good 5 minutes after, and drank 2 pitchers of water.

I would say 151 tastes worse, but everclear burns more.

true, the curdling is worse than the drink IMO. so you took 20 shots of 151 in 10 mins~? but you puked it all up? :confused:

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
My youngest turned 21 today,join us in wishing Matt a happy birthday please!!

He is the best son a mother could ever hope to have:)

BS. I'm the best son a mother could ever hope to have.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
true, the curdling is worse than the drink IMO. so you took 20 shots of 151 in 10 mins~? but you puked it all up? :confused:

I had 2 16oz cups filled with some combination of orange juice and 151. the first cup was either 100% or 90/10 (my memory is kinda hazy) and and second cup maybe 50/50. I also had a giant tub with a trashbag in front of me. I HAD to finish both cups.

Hence, finishing 20+ oz of 151 while puking. I don't think I've ever been as trashed since.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Here's a good birthday drink:

Needs: 1 large martini glass, 1 straw, 1 lighter, 2 shots of black sambuca, 3 shots of nasty stuff of your choice (151, vodka, rye for example), and 1 shot of bailey's.

Take the large martini glass and put 2 shots of black sambuca in it. Tilt the glass and rotate it so the sambuca coats the inside of the glass.

Light the sambuca on fire, have the victim stick the straw in to the bottom of the glass and start drinking. When the sambuca is almost done, pour in the 151, when that's almost done pour in the vodka, when that's almost done pour in the rye, when that's almost done pour in the bailey's.

The victim should be constantly drinking. I've done this drink twice and it's really easy to do. The sambuca kind of coats your tongue, making the other liquors go down easily, and the bailey's at the end smooths off the aftertaste. You feel pretty normal after for about 10 minutes, then you get knocked on your ass.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006

I had 2 16oz cups filled with some combination of orange juice and 151. the first cup was either 100% or 90/10 (my memory is kinda hazy) and and second cup maybe 50/50. I also had a giant tub with a trashbag in front of me. I HAD to finish both cups.

Hence, finishing 20+ oz of 151 while puking. I don't think I've ever been as trashed since.

I'm left wondering why? I did my fair share of drinking contests / games / beer bongs / shotguns / and everything else associated over the years, but I've never put a trashcan in front of myself, taken a bottle of 151 or everclear, and drank / puked until it was gone. Seems financially and physically wasteful.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: JohnCU
wait i hope he's out getting plastered and not eating a cake and being sung to by you :(

QFT...he fails if anything involves his mother today.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005

Heh...151 is quite a potent substance....I did about 6-7 shooters of 151 in about the span of 15 minutes. This was after a few other shots of various spirits, and after a large dinner. I then made the mistake of sitting down, and when I got up 10 minutes later, the room literally started to spin. I made it to a party about a 20 min walk away, only to puke my brains out for the next 30 minutes. All I did in the next 24 hours was wash my clothes....

Happy Birthday Matt!

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
My youngest turned 21 today,join us in wishing Matt a happy birthday please!!

He is the best son a mother could ever hope to have:)

How does your oldest son feel about that statement?

Oops, NM...I thought you said your youngest son turned 21 today. :eek:

I only have 1 son;)

:beer::D