Everquest 2 State of the Game Article

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yeah the feel is one of the reasons i got off. not to mention no matter what armor i had it looked close to what newbs had.

when the 1st prisamitcs came out (long time ago heh) my guild was the 2nd one to get it. i was dispointed at how they looked.

also it was dead. finding a decent high level group was a bitch. sure i was in a big guild but the poiitics were annoying.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
The game has a ton of content now and a boatload of new players. 75% of our guild recruits are new to the game.

I would rather see a 'what is in the books' instead of a state of the game. We know how it stands now, I am curious as to the future.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Some of that sounds promising.

I just recently restarted my acct after quitting during the first month it was released. One of my biggest gripes is the fact that I have to spam hot buttons in order to fight.

When I restarted, it was the same way. With my defiler, I am constantly casting hitting hot buttons over and over the entire battle. My dots have to be spammed as they die off after 16 seconds. But it sounds like that may changing, and thats a good thing (tm).

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Wow, EQ2 just keep getting better and better. I'm tempted to restart my account.

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
Interesting. I too quit about a month after release. Maybe it is time to poke my head in again...

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Wow, you should at least try EoF. That was an AWESOME expansion. Tons of solo and group stuff... and the quest lines were fantastic. I only got up to like lvl 54 or so, but from lvl 1 to 50 it was absolutely awesome. Nothing like the original at all, it was almost like a completely new game.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Heh, ironically as a Station Account holder, and having paid for Vanguard: The Saga of Zeroes... I got a postcard for SOE a week ago that can be summed up as saying:

Dear Cancelled Station Subscriber;
We're really sorry that you wasted your money on this thing called Vanguard. As an apology, here's a free MONTH of EQ2 on us...

Being a former EQ2 player, the world is large, but it's just NOT fun. I'll stick with City of Heroes/Villains.