Ever tell some random person your life story?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I mean... tell them things that you have never told anyone else? And it comes out so easily? I guess confession really is good for the soul. I just gave my whole life story(drug abuse+self confidence issue+personal problems+my father' death+insecurities) to some fvcking GUY I don't even know! I mean... I know him in passing from another forum. We got into a talk about religion and he asked me to jump on AIM. Used to live in Alabama... Pediatrician... kids... wife... the whole jazz. Dunno... it was like talking to Doctor Phil. Everything came out. Made me realize a lot of sh!t about myself. My defense mechanism, the perception of my self(bad I and I seek reassurance from others), my lack of willpower and drive to accomplish my life goals, etc. I mean I told the dude every FVKCING thing. I told the dude about sexual dysfunction when I was taking SSRIs. I told him about my GFs, my fears, EVERYTHING. The thing is? I don't know why? Just a confession I guess.

He missed his calling as a priest. Ironically he told me to go see a priest. I am not fvcked up or anything, but just needed to get some things off of my chest. I have too many walls put up around my friends to give them everything. 50+ fvcking pages in Word. I should sell it... how not to grow up. Mistakes NOT to make. How to hate yourself.

It would be a best seller. Holy Fvcking sh!t. I am crazy person for sure. Wow.

I feel better... I have a direction and life now.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Millennium
Everything came out. Made me realize a lot of sh!t about myself. My defense mechanism, the perception of my self(bad I and I seek reassurance from others),

Sh1t, I coulda told you that. :)

KK

Luagsch

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2003
wow! :beer:
yeah, i too know the feeling of confessing. my problem though is that it depends on the mood and the amount of alcohol. there's a girl that totaly hates me, cause i told her my lifestory while being drunk. LOL

i think the good about confessing to a complete stranger is that his judgement doesn't affect you (probably it wouldn't change the judgement of the people you know neither, but the insecurity of this aspect sometimes holds oneself to do it.)

i guess it works miracles if after the "confession" one moves on. i've met people who confess as a hobby. they don't get anywhere...

:):beer:

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
No, I keep my problems, past and present to myself. I talk about little bitchy things, like people blocking the driveway, but I don't complain or talk about my personal problems.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Yeah that can be really beneficial. I'm curious though why a doctor of all people told you to see a priest. Not that religious clergy can't be of assistance but it sounds to me like you'd really benefit from regular sessions with a therapist--in a clinical setting.

I just worry about a priest saying "just pray and it will all go away" (and maybe he wouldn't say that) because that doesn't work.

Take care Evan

l2c

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Shrinks don't work for me at all . I don't even need one either. I just need someone to talk to at times to just evaluate my life and the like. It is no big deal. Sometimes you have to drop a lot of past burdens and just go on. I need some motivation and I got it. Good for me.
Church as always worked well for those who wanted to talk and get honest about their life. I am just gonna start going back to church, get my health back normal, and just everything setup for the future . You know! Introspect back into you life and start dealing with issues that bother you. Nah... this didn't happen because I was upset. It was just a conversation that kept going and made me learn a lot about myself and how I can make my self better. I wasn't upset at any portion of the whole thing. Just felt like confessing and getting advice.

No biggies! Just a burden release...

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
luv- Nah I don't need anything like that right now. I am in great mental health. I was just releasing old bs and planing for the future. Trying to get some drive and momentum back. I kneed a good kick in the ass and everything will be awesome.

:)

MikeO

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001

No, never. I didn't even tell a shrink, who obviously was trying to help me :) I made up sh1t so I could get the hell out of there.

I rather keep it all inside to the point when I just snap and start shooting people. I give myself couple more years.

imported_Papi

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2002
I've done it on a reare occasion, like twice. Usually those people ended up being some of my closest friends. Even more close than my best friend.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get.

Run Forrest, Run.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Only online. ;)

My wife does, though. Anyone who will stand still she'll tell them all kinds of sh!t about our lives. :|