Ever ordered that "price mistake" and got it?

gypsyman

Jan 14, 2001
We all see these price mistakes and post them for the benefit of all who want participate. Has anyone ever seen an obvious price mistake from a vendor, kept quiet, ordered it ( perhaps next day shipping) and actually recieved the item? Hmmmmm? :confused:

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
i know it sounds selfish, but the smart thing to do would be to order one for yourself and after getting the product, post the deal. Time and time again, someone post a crazy price mistake and NO ONE gets anything. People whine and bitch. People claim to order dozens, hoping to sell them on eBay. People whine and bitch. People talk about getting gift certificates, legal action, etc, etc. Same ole, same ole.

With the amount of traffic that AT, FW, and techbargains gets, any remote price mistake gets WAY too much attention. You're chances to getting it are so friggin slim, it's silly to post the deal and then hope to get it. Sounds selfish, but that's what I'd do.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The other day at work a guy came up to me and said, "Hey, you use some Internet site that has a bunch of good deals, don't you? Bob Jones from down the hall found a 36" TV on amazon.com for $99 and a whole bunch of us ordered one. Want one?"

I said I'd pass. And I told him that amazon would cancel the orders and if he's lucky they might give him a $10 gift certificate. He wanted to know how the hell I would have any idea what amazon is going to do, so I just smiled and said to let me know what happens.

By the time "Bob Jones" in my office hears about a price mistake, it's been on HD and FW for a long time, and it's dead.

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
the thing is is that a$$holes like to "call and confirm" their order, which makes the human cs rep know about the error and contacts the webmasters to change it.

Yomicron

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
Dell had some NICs for $0.93 once, and I ordered and recieved 10. I even used a coupon and they had free shipping, so I only paid like $0.84 each.

They might have just been clearing out their stock, but after they were OOS the price went to $9.30ea

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Curseit City offered Max Payne - when it was newly released - for $15. It WAS a pricing error but they decided to honor it . . . and perhaps thousands of people PM'd their ad to other stores.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: apoppin
Curseit City offered Max Payne - when it was newly released - for $15. It WAS a pricing error but they decided to honor it . . . and perhaps thousands of people PM'd their ad to other stores.

I'd say that and your damn under $6k brand new Kia Rio are two of the greatest deals.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: RossMAN

I'd say that and your damn under $6k brand new Kia Rio are two of the greatest deals.

Thanks, but my brand new 2002 Kia Rio for $5988 wasn't a pricing error (although the dealer really never intended to honor it).
:)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Thanks, but my brand new 2002 Kia Rio for $5988 wasn't a pricing error (although the dealer never intended to honor it).
:)

Yeah but you sure did have to haggle for that amazing price.

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
What was it that you got ? I couldnt see any description. All i seen was referring to a deal