Ever notice on Law & Order...

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
When the cops go to question someone, they're always "too busy to talk." People who have no reason to be afraid or anything just keep milling about, doing their work or whatever while the cops ask them things. I would think that even New Yorkers would stop wandering around in a "business as usual" unexcited phase if the cops showed up to ask them questions about a murder.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I miss watching Law & Order marathons with the ex. :(

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Eli
I miss watching Law & Order marathons with the ex. :(</end quote></div>

i think i've seen every episode of every L&O (including SVU and CI) at least 2 times

my knowledge of L&O episodes is only surpassed by my knowledge of i love lucy episodes

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis

i think i've seen every episode of every L&O (including SVU and CI) at least 2 times

my knowledge of L&O episodes is only surpassed by my knowledge of i love lucy episodes

what kind of firearm was Detective Sergeant Philip Cerreta shot with?

Rowboat

May 25, 2007
Originally posted by: johnjohn320
When the cops go to question someone, they're always "too busy to talk." People who have no reason to be afraid or anything just keep milling about, doing their work or whatever while the cops ask them things. I would think that even New Yorkers would stop wandering around in a "business as usual" unexcited phase if the cops showed up to ask them questions about a murder.

Not specifically but I did notice that 9/10 or maby even 10/10 the person being questioned ends the conversation. So if the shopkeeper doesn't say "hey i got to get back to work here" then they would just stand there talking forever and ever.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: KLin
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis

my knowledge of L&O episodes is only surpassed by my knowledge of i love lucy episodes</end quote></div>

dunno, a 38 special? lol

i know plotlines, not details!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Either SNL or MadTV did a sketch about that phenomenon... it was an acting class that taught people how to do a "Law & Order three-liner"

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

my knowledge of L&O episodes is only surpassed by my knowledge of i love lucy episodes</end quote></div>

IIRC it was a Steyr AUG.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KLin

what kind of firearm was Detective Sergeant Philip Cerreta shot with?</end quote></div>

IIRC it was a Steyr AUG.

Correct :D.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Amused
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KLin

what kind of firearm was Detective Sergeant Philip Cerreta shot with?</end quote></div>

IIRC it was a Steyr AUG.</end quote></div>

Correct :D.

I remember that episode well. The actor that played the drugged out gun dealer was freaky. I've always liked his work.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Which is funny because a Steyr AUG is very hard to get in the states. Its like $3k plus because of the import ban. People don't use collectors guns for criminal reasons.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: TallBill
Which is funny because a Steyr AUG is very hard to get in the states. Its like $3k plus because of the import ban. People don't use collectors guns for criminal reasons.

You obviously did not see the episode. Cerreta was going undercover to make a buy from an arms dealer. The dealer had a drug induced freakout and shot Cerreta.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
I started getting the early seasons(5 and now 4) from my blockbuster online account and I find it amusing how many Soprano actors/actresses were in episodes of law & order. I've seen Artie Bucco, Father antontoli(sp?), carmella soprano, rosalie aprille, big pussy, and a couple others that I can't remember.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TallBill
Which is funny because a Steyr AUG is very hard to get in the states. Its like $3k plus because of the import ban. People don't use collectors guns for criminal reasons.</end quote></div>

You obviously did not see the episode. Cerreta was going undercover to make a buy from an arms dealer. The dealer had a drug induced freakout and shot Cerreta.

That's pretty much how it happened. Plus it's just a TV show. It doesn't matter if it probably wouldn't happen in the real world anyways.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I love SVU and I love Stabler, and the red head keeps getting hotter, boy was I pissed when they replaced the hot blonde alex.

Anyway the original is good and CI sucks...

And, an actually funny recent SNL skit was Law and Order: NY Traffic Cart Division, it was fing hilarious.