Ever lost a delivery confirmation number?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
AHHHH - I lost a delivery confirmation number slip that I really need right now :( I washed it while it was in my back pants pocket, now it resembles bits and pieces of large belly button lint :( Do you think the USPS employees could look it up for me somehow? I have the address I mailed the letter too, plus I know that exact time I was at the PO, so that should narrow it down.

:( I don't think they'll do it, though, due to privacy reasons :(

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
That reminds me...I should check where my $25 scanner from amazon.com is...

Hey, it's in my town! Sweet! :D

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
It will probably get there. I still have all my paperwork including DC numbers for the last year or so. Makes a huge pile. I guess they will go to the shredder soon.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
They *might* know at the PO. Never hurts to call :)

I lost (well, threw out) the one for my xbox controller that I sent back to MS for repair. It showed delivered, so I figured I didn't need it. Lo and behold, after waiting the requesite two weeks with only 3 player halo (oh the horror), I called them to find out getting me a replacement could be much faster if I had the delivery conf. number.

They ended up shipping out replacements anyway, just took longer.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: optoman
It will probably get there. I still have all my paperwork including DC numbers for the last year or so. Makes a huge pile. I guess they will go to the shredder soon.

Yea, but I sent off a letter via priority mail on saturday, and the person lives in the same state, so I'd expect them to have it by now, yet they told that they haven't recieved it yet :(

AndrewNF

Sep 1, 2001
I've sent and recieved supposedly tracked packages that have arrived at their destinations without their tracking number ever showing up on the online tracking systems.

Umm, yeah, back to the topic at hand...

MWink

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've had the same problem. I have a million deliver confirmation slips and of course I lost the only one I ever needed. I had RMA'd some stuff to a company that never gave me back a credit. I had to contest the charge with my CC and I needed the deliver confirmation as proof that I sent it back.

Well I dug up all my deliver confirmation slips I had and figured out the intervals that they went at and tried tracking online ones that were missing. It took a while but I eventually guessed the right number! If you have a stack of deliver confirmation slips that the one you lost came from, you might try this.