Ever had the power go out at a very bad time?

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
The power here just went out for a minute and I was thinking how sh!tty it would be to be using the bathroom, taking a shower, etc. when the power went out.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I've had the power go out while I was showering before. It's not bad, I usually have my eyes closed while I'm in the shower anyways.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: joshsquall
The power here just went out for a minute and I was thinking how sh!tty it would be to be using the bathroom, taking a shower, etc. when the power went out.

Unless you're aim poorly in the dark, whats the problem w/ using the bathroom or taking a shower?

Harabecw

Apr 28, 2003
when the power went out because of a direct lightning hit, that was a bad time. my old comp was completely fried.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Harabecw
when the power went out because of a direct lightning hit, that was a bad time. my old comp was completely fried.
Did you learn anything from that?

Bulldozer

Oct 12, 2001
I had the power go out several times throughout the night, the day before I had a large project due.

We had lightning hit the powerline behind my house, which started it on fire. The FD came and watched it.

When I was young I somehow managed to get a penny into an outlet which shocked me and tripped the breaker. I have no idea how I made contact with a penny, or why the breaker tripped. This was when we had lots of family visiting.

Palek

Jun 20, 2001
I must be tired, I read the title as "Ever had the power to go out at a very bad time?" So I clicked on this link expecting a very weird discussion on the ability of some people to pick a really bad time for dates. Oh well...

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

Unless you're aim poorly in the dark, whats the problem w/ using the bathroom or taking a shower?

uhhh it's IMPOSSIBLE to aim or take a shower in the dark, thanks for coming out though.

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

uhhh it's IMPOSSIBLE to aim or take a shower in the dark, thanks for coming out though.

You = t3h n00b. I use sound. If i hear a splashing sound, that means its hitting the spot. If i hear a "something hitting ceramic" sound, that means I'm close to hitting the spot. And if i hear a splattering sound, thats a miss.