Ever flip out over a speeding ticket?

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
wow, that is a great way to keep people from being too rich to worry about the laws.

labrat25

Jan 7, 2004
jsut glad i didn't get it :)

then again, i'm a college student... so my ticket would be 50 cents

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
wow, that is a great way to keep people from being too rich to worry about the laws.

Even the rich can get their licenses yanked if they do it too often here in the US. Besides, don't we have some kind of law about cruel and unusual punishment? ;)

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
sure you can yank their licences, but what do you get for driving without a licence? ;)

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002

I wonder if it has some kind of lower limit - otherwise it would make the poor too poor to have to worry about the laws - a speeding ticket might be 50p if you were on benefits.

Still, its an interesting approach to the problem of making sure that fines actually keep speeds down, and roads safer

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
sure you can yank their licences, but what do you get for driving without a licence? ;)

Hmm, not sure on that one. I've spent most of the last 3 years hanging on to mine by the skin of my teeth, but have yet to actually lose it.