Ever cry in public?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Yes, on 9/11 when I was in Frankfurt, Germany for the International Auto Show. We just happened to pass by the crowd gathered by the TVs on our way to the restroom after seeing the BMW exhibit. My first time leaving North America. We were stuck there for about a week.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: DWW
Originally posted by: MogulMonster
Originally posted by: ndee
yeah, a friend left for 2 years to go on mission(mormon) and I cried. So what?

I cry for you because you are -friends- with a mormon :p

Ignorant little biatch

If you knew what they were about you'd say the same thing too.

He's a friend of mine since Kindergarten, I don't care about his religion. But I know, you meant it as a joke, I give you a 3/10 ;)

DWW

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2003
He's a friend of mine since Kindergarten, I don't care about his religion. But I know, you meant it as a joke, I give you a 3/10 ;)

I was being serious.... :eek:

They don't really stay to the true religion and kind of shun the polygamy thing.
Temples? Membership cards? Exclusivity? Racism? Requires you to pay them? Women are to be pregnant from the age they are old enough?

Hrm sounds great, when can I join?

In all seriousness I knew a group of local Mormons who were ... different. They were all in their 20s and already had amassed a brood of kids. One of them was 25 and he already had 4 kids with a 5th on the way. I made the mistake of asking him what his wife "did for a job" big nono. Anyhow they live off his parents because its their job to constantly bring kids in the world which he can't afford. The most annoying thing is that I could never swear around these Mormons...they think it will burn their ears in fact. It wasn't even directed to anyone just when joking or when frustrated and they would get irate "WE DONT APPRECIATE THAT AND YOU MUST STOP IT". These same guys were all into warez and stealing copyrighted material too
rolleye.gif

(don't mean to thread crap... I'm sure you do/did miss the person regardless of their religion)

boomdart

Jan 10, 2004
My girlfriend cheated on me once, (kissing another guy; whom she'd had relations with before) and I was listening to my Mp3 player in the library...Was playing the song SR-71 - Tomorrow, the song reminded me of her cheating on me, and I broke down and couldn't stand...

I'm usually not a poontang, and I hate myself for having some poontang thoughts/reactions.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: boomdart
My girlfriend cheated on me once, (kissing another guy; whom she'd had relations with before) and I was listening to my Mp3 player in the library...Was playing the song SR-71 - Tomorrow, the song reminded me of her cheating on me, and I broke down and couldn't stand...

I'm usually not a poontang, and I hate myself for having some poontang thoughts/reactions.
seems like a silly reason to hate yourself to me.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Never. A few months ago a girl at work started crying during a meeting, it was really embarrassing.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

They don't really stay to the true religion and kind of shun the polygamy thing.
Temples? Membership cards? Exclusivity? Racism? Requires you to pay them? Women are to be pregnant from the age they are old enough?

In all seriousness I knew a group of local Mormons who were ... different. They were all in their 20s and already had amassed a brood of kids. One of them was 25 and he already had 4 kids with a 5th on the way. I made the mistake of asking him what his wife "did for a job" big nono. Anyhow they live off his parents because its their job to constantly bring kids in the world which he can't afford. The most annoying thing is that I could never swear around these Mormons...they think it will burn their ears in fact. It wasn't even directed to anyone just when joking or when frustrated and they would get irate "WE DONT APPRECIATE THAT AND YOU MUST STOP IT". These same guys were all into warez and stealing copyrighted material too
rolleye.gif

(don't mean to thread crap... I'm sure you do/did miss the person regardless of their religion)

He is actually a hardcore mormon(hence, he went 2 years on mission for them) but he doesn't care when we swear. He also made rock music before with some friends of mine. He's actually pretty cool, he just doesn't believe in Science but God. Just a small thing. Yeah, they do get married early, his sister is married and is only 18 or 19. But I think it's nice for them if they believe in something.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
i remember tearing up because i didn't finish
a 100 mile bicycle race through the mountains
after i'd broken my collarbone in 3 places about
halfway into the race.

it's a German thing (Der Wille); you wouldn't understand.

beatle

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2001
Not in public, no. Fortunately I haven't had to attend many funerals. My grandmother died in December of 01, but I wasn't very close, so there were no tears. The air in the room was extremely heavy, however and I felt petrified.

Only person to see me cry in the past 15 years or so is my current girlfriend.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: boomdart

did you dump that b!tch?

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
I cried on my birthday but not out of happiness. Back in november my inlaws and hubby took me out to dinner to where my father in law proceeded to drink a wee bit too much. (i think he was pretty drunk when we got there). He proceeded to tell me, unprovoked, how much of an a-hole my father is and how he doesn't like him blah blah blah. So I started to cry and told him "that he needed to keep his opinion about my parents to himself.. and that its MY father he's talking sh!t about, and I will not tolerate that." Ofcourse the little shouting drew a bunch of attention throughout the restaurant. :p

guapo337

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
I cried in 7th grade when a kid slapped me across the face in a class in front of my "girlfriend" (yeah junior high relationships) because I stole his seat. It was embarassing.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I tear up every night between 3:00am - 4:00am when i read ATOT :)

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

rolleye.gif

Wow, you are baseing your entire opinion of mormons on one local group. There are a LOT of mormons in my hometown. They're all extremely nice, courteous, down-to-earth people. So they don't like to swear or hear it, big deal. And this is coming from an agnostic who doesn't like people pushing their beliefs on him.

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Originally posted by: Lager
From high school to beyond. Have you ever cried in public?

Excluding funerals.

No but I have urinated in public a few times...does that count?