Eventually we will have a Chthulu FPS

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

And it actually looks fun.

I will buy this and make a review when I am able.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The same company is making a new game in the Quake engine.

For some reason?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I never understood the HP Lovecraft hype.

Anyhow i don't think they are a great developer seeing how they are making 2 at one.
It seems more like a cash spam, to just release a bunch of random titles and try to get some profit from it.

Feb 4, 2009

Anyhow i don't think they are a great developer seeing how they are making 2 at one.
It seems more like a cash spam, to just release a bunch of random titles and try to get some profit from it.

Yeah all their games appear to be more or less the same game.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
well, all of their first person shooters are the same.
they are also working on some RTS titles for reasons I cannot fathom.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i was heavily into HPL as a young boy and i found his type of horror to be exquisite when read, on your own. It does not translate well to other mediums, nor to shared experiences of any kind. You can't really have a Cthulhu game with the same feeling because in all the HPL stories, he's got these *exceptionally* weak protagonists, which is how he makes it work.

You'd have to admit tho that his IP is pretty good- Cthulhu, the Shoggoths, the Fungi From Yuggoth, etc ..

Feb 4, 2009
i was heavily into HPL as a young boy and i found his type of horror to be exquisite when read, on your own. It does not translate well to other mediums, nor to shared experiences of any kind. You can't really have a Cthulhu game with the same feeling because in all the HPL stories, he's got these *exceptionally* weak protagonists, which is how he makes it work.

You'd have to admit tho that his IP is pretty good- Cthulhu, the Shoggoths, the Fungi From Yuggoth, etc ..

From a guy who just dabbled in Cthulhu pen & paper games and some reading. I agree it just doesn’t translate to other mediums. Also at the time I wasn’t bug on the one shot type game Cthulhu was. Older me understands it is about the story not the individual.