Eve Online Reactivation

MStele

Sep 14, 2009
I was thinking of returning to Eve Online due to the recent arrival of the expansion, but on the account reactivation page it states that there is a $5 registration fee charged in addition to the normal $15 monthly fee. I've heard that this fee is just for new accounts, but that makes no sense to me since it is very specific and under the reactivation page. Has anyone reactivated recently who can tell me if the fee is charged or not?

According to the page, the only form of payment that isn't charged the fee are timecards, but when I priced time cards they cost $35 dollars for a 60 day card, which means that if you use time cards your paying an extra $5 every two months...it sounds to me like CCP is getting greedy.

Anyways, I want to go back but i'm surely not paying an extra $5 for the privilage given that you can buy the game new for the same price. If anyone knows any facts about it please post them here. It could be just a situation where CCP needs more clarification on their website, but the way it is worded as of today will push many people away from resubbing.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Charging money to make people operate their money printing machine... Doesn't sound like a good idea. Generally, I'd think they'd want to insentivise people resubbing over anything else not discourage it.

MStele

Sep 14, 2009
I've never heard of this. I've reactivated my account 2 or 3 times and have always only paid the $14.95.

Same here. I've played on and off over the past couple years. Thats why I was shocked to read about it yesterday when I went to resub.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I honestly don't know. I would post a thread in the Eve forum and ask directly. See if anyone knows the answer. Another option I would take is to e-mail their customer service and state that you want to resub, but only if they do not charge the $5 fee, and you want to make sure that fee is not charged before you do so. Hopefully they get back to you soon. My experience is that software customer service will get back to you the next day. I haven't dealt directly with CCCP customer service though.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I honestly don't know. I would post a thread in the Eve forum and ask directly. See if anyone knows the answer. Another option I would take is to e-mail their customer service and state that you want to resub, but only if they do not charge the $5 fee, and you want to make sure that fee is not charged before you do so. Hopefully they get back to you soon. My experience is that software customer service will get back to you the next day. I haven't dealt directly with CCCP customer service though.

IIRC you can't post in the eve forums unless you have a paid account.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
CCP once again needs more clarification on their website. I resubbed yesterday, well actually I just restarted my third account (needed another cyno pilot for my capital pilot :p) and I was only charged the $14.95. The $5 is only charged once and that's if you're starting an account for a first time, they do not apply it to restarts.

MStele

Sep 14, 2009
CCP once again needs more clarification on their website. I resubbed yesterday, well actually I just restarted my third account (needed another cyno pilot for my capital pilot :p) and I was only charged the $14.95. The $5 is only charged once and that's if you're starting an account for a first time, they do not apply it to restarts.

Thanks for the info. I'm prob resub later tonight. I agree they definitely need more clarification on their website. :p Jita awaits.

omber

Oct 17, 2007
One does not simply log into Jita.

No there should be no extra fee Ive played it since beta took two breaks in between and never had to pay any dime.

MStele

Sep 14, 2009
One does not simply log into Jita.

Lmao I know. Imo Jita is my one sour point in that whole game because lag is not optional. I'm based about 10 jumps from Jita and thats about as close as I'm going to get when I'm not doing business there. :p

omber

Oct 17, 2007
I used to mission 4 jumps out and that was before the updates few months ago that improved the performance :p

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
I've been seeing retail box copies of EvE in stores, so I assume CCP has signed a contract(s) to not compete with the stores, thus the $5 fee.

Considering they hit a new high of 54,181 plays active at one time, I'd say it's working. And remember, in EvE everyone plays in the same universe (to say server would be wrong, as they have many servers networked).