Europe vs USA Video card concerns

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
So I am importing a 7970 from France for a system here in the USA (long story). the PSU is an AX860 and has auto PFC or whatever its called. PCI-E power connectors are all the same internationally. What about HDMI out? is that universal or is there going to be some issue with PAL vs NTSC

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before it gets here......I welcome any thoughts or knowledge from fellow importers or pond hoppers....

EDIT: If it helps, its a reference Sapphire 7970 and it will most likely only be used with DVI or displayport, but I just want to know if there is any issues with the PAL NTSC stuff in case I ever use the HDMI out.

Last edited:

smakme7757

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2010
So I am importing a 7970 from France for a system here in the USA (long story). the PSU is an AX860 and has auto PFC or whatever its called. PCI-E power connectors are all the same internationally. What about HDMI out? is that universal or is there going to be some issue with PAL vs NTSC

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before it gets here......I welcome any thoughts or knowledge from fellow importers or pond hoppers....
I know that older Radeon cards had a jumper to switch from PAL to NTSC. I'm not sure who it works now days though.

SammichPG

Aug 16, 2012

EDIT: If it helps, its a reference Sapphire 7970 and it will most likely only be used with DVI or displayport, but I just want to know if there is any issues with the PAL NTSC stuff in case I ever use the HDMI out.

hdmi is universal and there's no region lock afaik

pal and ntsc are analogic television formats, we're digital now

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
The only non-universal thing in computers is the plug on the wall end of the cable that goes between the wall and the power supply.
Unless you got a really bad or cheap power supply, in which case that might also not work because of voltages.

Everything else is universal.