Ethernet Driver

Speedman

Mar 6, 2007
Ok, so i just reformatted my harddrive wiped everything out, reinstalled, my wireless driver, modem, router, video card, and dvd drive, but i need to install my ethernet controller again and that came installed, is there a source online i can download it from, i tried looking at it in device manager and its unrecoginized so far.... any ideas?

Speedman

Mar 6, 2007
Thats the problem, it doesnt list any kind of info at all, it just says its a pci card and thats it

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Speedman
Thats the problem, it doesnt list any kind of info at all,

neither did you ;)

did it come installed in a new pc like a dell or hp? or installed with a used machine? OS?

if it was with a new pc, the restore cd, if you have one, should have drivers on it.
if not, if it really comes down to it, remove the card and find out who made it, or at least the chipset, and google for a driver for it.

Speedman

Mar 6, 2007
Alright, so i googled around and found the program Everest, used that and found out my driver, its a nvidia mcp2 - lan controller, ive been googling for the download but it keeps coming up with motherboards

Doh!

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2000
So get the nvidia platform drivers for your motherboard which will include the lan drivers along w/ all other hardware drivers.