ESPN the Magazine article on Barry Bonds

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
Did anyone catch the article on Bonds in the latest issue? I gotta say that it made me look at him in a new light. Granted his attitude towards the media would be better in a perfect world but putting that aside I do agree with them in that no one is dominating their sport right now like Bonds. He has more intentional walks by himself than all but two teams in the league, he bats .357 with an 0-2 count, and had a 1.000 slugging percentage over two whole months of the season. You add this to the personal strife he has been experiencing this year and it's truly remarkable.

Living within 30 minutes of SF I already hear a LOT about Bonds and I have held him in high regards as an athlete for some time now. After reading that, and how much of an impact/influence both his father and godfather had in his life, I have a new respect for him as a person. I hope the Giants are able to win the World Series this year so that he can add a championship to his long list of accomplishments.

bolomite

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2000
I hate the guy, he's a prick

but, I hope he comes to Anaheim in a couple of years as a DH :D

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: bolomite
I hate the guy, he's a prick

but, I hope he comes to Anaheim in a couple of years as a DH :D

No chance, I don't want another Cecil Fielder, Eddie Murray, Rickey Henderson experience. Bonds should retire with the Giants.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
He's fortunate he's been so successful at baseball or else he'd probably just be known as a prick.

/edit: or a prick that wouldn't be known. :p

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: jjsole
He's fortunate he's been so successful at baseball or else he'd probably just be known as a prick.

/edit: or a prick that wouldn't be known. :p