Escape From Tarkov

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I just loaded in as a Scav with a Mosin and around 50 rounds of ammo for it. Killed two people who had four keys on them then ran like hell to the nearest extraction. I love how this game gives me the same feeling as I had with DayZ back when it was an Arma 2 mod. Just spent the last thirty minutes organizing my inventory and selling all the random gun pieces I've never used. I did keep a few pieces and all the opticals I've found, but the vast majority of the pieces were forever sitting in my inventory doing absolutely nothing.

We're actually only noticing hit reg issues on AI scav heads.
Does this only occur when you're playing as PMC or also as a Scav? I think I've killed more Scavs in the last two days than I did all last month and every single one has been a headshot (usually just one bullet and they're down). I did notice after the update, it messed with all my settings and for some reason, stuck me at a 4:3 resolution by default, even though my monitor is 16:9. Maybe the game changed your resolution and it's messing with your FoV?

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Haven't played scav much since patch so don't know. I did hear there is an issue w/ max FOV so we turned it down but still have issues.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
This game finally release? Virtually no one is talking about it, this is the first thread anywhere online I've even seen it mentioned recently.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
This game finally release? Virtually no one is talking about it, this is the first thread anywhere online I've even seen it mentioned recently.

Still 12+ months away from leaving beta.

They spend $0 on marketing so that is why you don't see it in the usual outlets. The player base is healthy though, especially for this long after the last wipe.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
After this last patch I'd say it's a fairly solid title. There's still bugs and glitches and I'm fairly certain I encountered a hacker earlier (or he was experiencing some horrible lag), but it's actually pretty fun. They just need to do something about the tiny stash space and the load times.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
We have some information to share with you all!

0.10.5 patch will be an intermidiate patch. The Flea Market feature will probably come with a wipe. Our estimated time for it is currently 2-3 weeks, however, we are not sure yet. We will keep you informed so, please stay tuned for that.

0.11 will be a major content update. It will include things such as the HK416 and most likely the new location, TerraGroup Labs. No ETA yet but we will keep you informed.

You will be surprised about the Mosin mods and versions we are working on. You will enjoy them a lot!

https://www.facebook.com/escapefrom...3754052273/1927404924220485/?type=3&__tn__=-R