Eric Holder: Black Panther case focus demeans 'my people'

PeshakJang

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2010
So he's basically saying, it's racist to enforce the law against blacks. At least he's consistent with the liberal agenda.

Oct 16, 1999
Yeah, it's not like this was this was made a big deal out of just because it was a couple of black folks. They were black AND intimidating.

The Attorney General seemed to take personal offense at a comment Culberson read in which former Democratic activist Bartle Bull called the incident the most serious act of voter intimidation he had witnessed in his career.

"Think about that," Holder said. "When you compare what people endured in the South in the 60s to try to get the right to vote for African Americans, to compare what people subjected to that with what happened in Philadelphia, which was inappropriate....to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line for my people," said Holder, who is black.

OMG look at that racism.

Last edited:

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
You know, I've seen the video of supposed harrassment and I really don't know what the big deal is. Holder may have personalized the issue but I would too if I was in his shoes.

RedChief

Dec 20, 2004
You know, I've seen the video of supposed harrassment and I really don't know what the big deal is. Holder may have personalized the issue but I would too if I was in his shoes.

Imagine a white clansman in front of a polling place doing it and let me know if its a big deal or not.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Imagine a white clansman in front of a polling place doing it and let me know if its a big deal or not.
I can't even imagine Black Panthers and Klansmen being in the same category. Also, I've never heard of Black Panthers killing whites who have tried to vote. Have you?

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
The video is plain as day. They did nothing. Zero. And whites went in and out with no problem. Even standing right next to them on talking on the cell phone. He had a night stick, but threatened and bothered no one. Big to do over nothing.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
This whole thing is silly as fuck. Bunch of Public Enemy S1W wanna bes just standing there looking silly. A sideshow of a sideshow. A clown act. Hardly intimidation.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
--A single incident involving two fools with little french hats hanging outside of a polling station, doing nothing, really = OMG OMG THE RACIST DOUBLE STANDARD! OMGOMGOMG.

vs.

--100+ year history of murder, public lynching, vote-rigging, intimidation, legal segregation, costume wearing cultish observances, jew-hating and woman-hating is...somehow, on equal footing with the first example.

yeah...This is the Tea Party, folks. where logic and rationality observes it's own natural law.

:D

matt0611

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2010
--A single incident involving two fools with little french hats hanging outside of a polling station, doing nothing, really = OMG OMG THE RACIST DOUBLE STANDARD! OMGOMGOMG.

vs.

--100+ year history of murder, public lynching, vote-rigging, intimidation, legal segregation, costume wearing cultish observances, jew-hating and woman-hating is...somehow, on equal footing with the first example.

yeah...This is the Tea Party, folks. where logic and rationality observes it's own natural law.

:D

No one is trying to equate the two. Strawman FTL

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Well - he does have a point. The law needs to be enforced equally, and it arguably wasn't, but two racist idiots hoping to intimidate with their mere presence doesn't compare to racist idiots with dogs and shotguns and fire hoses and the armed might of government behind them.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Here is the video by the way. You got two white guys standing right next to them talking on their cell phones. You got a white girl yapping on her phone right behind them. You got a couple of whites coming and leaving. Where on earth was anyone intimidated?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
This is not equating the history of racism against blacks and racism against whites.

Doesn't change what these two guys did though and the fact that they should have been prosecuted.

They were prosecuted. It is not illegal to have and carry a night stick in PA. They also got the man banned for the next 3 years from any type of intimidation tactics. Not only in PA, but anywhere in the country.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
So I take it we can have Minutemen members, Anti-Abortion activists, etc... standing at polling places and it would be okay right according to Eric. Oh wait as long as it doesn't effect "His People" the rest of us Americans will just have to deal with the buffet style of selective justice by Eric Holder and his pals.

Edit: NVM that they were prosecuted and found guilty and that Eric later had the justice department drop the case during the penalty phase. These guys did nothing wrong right?

Last edited:

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
So I take it we can have Minutemen members, Anti-Abortion activists, etc... standing at poling places and it would be okay right according to Eric. Oh wait as long as it doesn't effect "His People" the rest of us Americans will just have to deal with the buffet style of selective justice by Eric Holder and his pals.

Edit: NVM that they were prosecuted and found guilty and that Eric later had the justice department drop the case during the penalty phase. These guys did nothing wrong right?

LOL. You do know that the KKK were doing border control, right, lol.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
They were prosecuted. It is not illegal to have and carry a night stick in PA. They also got the man banned for the next 3 years from any type of intimidation tactics. Not only in PA, but anywhere in the country.

The equalivent of getting caught and only being told "don't do it again".

That's one helluva a deterent. (/sarcasm)

Fern