Eric Cantor: no disaster relief for Irene w/o budget cuts

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This has to be the dumbest post I've ever read on any forum ever.

Apparently understanding you can spend a sum of money on more than one thing is too hard for ProfJohn to understand.

People like this make me very, very happy I'm not an American. I don't think I could live in a country where people as dumb as this are actually allowed to vote AND have it count as a full vote. It's TERRIFYING!

More and more I see the US is fucked regardless.

Welcome to this forum and we need more people like you to pawn the Professor's threads :twisted:

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
A tropical storm is just a heavy rainstorm. Happens all the time in florida. Not many people are hardle ever killed in florida. Maybe people on the east coast are just stupid!

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
A tropical storm is just a heavy rainstorm. Happens all the time in florida. Not many people are hardle ever killed in florida. Maybe people on the east coast are just stupid!

People in Florida are very prepared for it, and part of that is a lot of building regulation enforcing that preparedness. Heavy rainstorms aren't anything to laugh at either; there's been no name storms that have done tons of damage to Florida before.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ya I am sure you can. But reading threw your post . You talk nasty . The sign of true intelligence. Face to face eye ball to eye ball . I would love to see you talk that way . I am just the other way around . I try not to use cuss words online as I don't know the age of readers . Nor do I believe in bad words . Only bad word usage . On line your word usage is something to behold . Me on the other hand face to face let me look into your eyes and I will use poor word choice and a whole lot more. The eyes are the window to the spirit . I am allowed to stump on any and all bad spirits. You really need to look at my new years eve preditions for 2010 2011. 2012 is going to be very special year for me . I die at you peoples hands. You people live a 3 whole days longer .

[

Dude you better get back on your meds ;)

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
People in Florida are very prepared for it, and part of that is a lot of building regulation enforcing that preparedness. Heavy rainstorms aren't anything to laugh at either; there's been no name storms that have done tons of damage to Florida before.

Come on what is floridia above sea level its pretty much run off . I take it you didn't watch the floods from Irene .

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Ya think . Good for you . I had 2 friends who found out they had cancer same time I did. I refused the doctors help . Ray did what doctors advised. Ray died a year ago . Jim died 2 weeks ago like me he said NO to doctors . Outlived Ray by a year did he . I still ticking and actually feel stronger than a year ago . But because of event that happened to me at 4 years old . I really am not worried about dieing befor billions of others . FACT.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
This has to be the dumbest post I've ever read on any forum ever.

Apparently understanding you can spend a sum of money on more than one thing is too hard for ProfJohn to understand.
How do you spend money on more than one thing?

If I give you $100 you can either save it or spend it, but you can't do both.

The liberals claim they want higher taxes to cut the deficit, but then they turn around and start talking about ways to spend that money.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The liberals claim they want higher taxes to cut the deficit, but then they turn around and start talking about ways to spend that money.

I could save part & spend part, obviously, but you probably never gave anybody $100 in your life.

The only way that benefit cuts at the bottom will be politically palatable is for those at the top to be making sacrifice, as well, and the only way to accomplish that is by raising taxes.

That's just past the end of your nose, if you care to look that far ahead...

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004

Emergency spending on natural disasters was a genius place for you to pick your battle. Well done, good sir. Also spending a sum of money on multiple things is different from spending and saving the same money.