Epic has another good sale

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Ah, when I said bridging the gap, I meant by providing a game in the franchise since there was quite a gap between Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 3. (They were released almost seven years apart.) Although, even with that, there was still five years between the Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 3. So, I guess it's not that helpful. :p

oh sure, that makes sense. I didn't hate TPS as much as most people did--I actually enjoyed a lot of it--just the humor was bad, dialoge annoying, and the maps were pretty annoying (too much internal overlapping and a lot of tedious criss-crossing). But the classes were pretty cool and the O2 pack float stuff was fun. The low oxygen mechanics were really pointless though, because I seem to recall you get some high capacity O2 packs quite early that just erase any concern of losing oxygen.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
This sale is about to end, but thought I'd mention it's a rare chance to get Rimworld for $24.99, $10 off.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
oh sure, that makes sense. I didn't hate TPS as much as most people did--I actually enjoyed a lot of it--just the humor was bad, dialoge annoying, and the maps were pretty annoying (too much internal overlapping and a lot of tedious criss-crossing). But the classes were pretty cool and the O2 pack float stuff was fun. The low oxygen mechanics were really pointless though, because I seem to recall you get some high capacity O2 packs quite early that just erase any concern of losing oxygen.
I am replaying TPS. First time, when the game came out, I hated it with a passion. I only played one class through normal mode. Normally, I play every class through at least TVHM. Restarting after all these years, I have to say I do like the variety of classes, but that is the only redeeming factor of the game, still, IMO. Since I just retired, and everything is shut down anyway, I probably will play several classes at least through normal mode (lots of time on my hands).

All the annoyances are still there though: the wonky path finding, the unending platforming, the lack of fast travel, the pointless oxygen mechanic, and the constant criss-crossing of maps under the low gravity, which makes moving like going through molasses. Personally, I hated the story as well, which tried to make Jack a sympathetic character, while making the vault hunters (especially Lillith, my favorite) if not evil, at least partially responsible for Jack's descent into depravity.

Edit: The story is a matter of opinion though. One could argue that it is better that BL3 at least (a pretty low bar, actually).

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Ok, I picked up...

Vampyr $4.99
Jackparty box #2 $4.99
Superliminal $5.19
Rebel galaxy Outlaw $10.09
Outward $5.99
Dangeous Driving $4.99
Ashen $9.99
Anno 1800, Season Pass 1, $19.99, $7.49
Rimworld $24.99
Tetris Effect $17.99

Earlier I picked up some others.

Like Control, Outer Wilds, Outer Worlds, Manifold Garden.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Ok, I picked up...

Vampyr $4.99
Jackparty box #2 $4.99
Superliminal $5.19
Rebel galaxy Outlaw $10.09
Outward $5.99
Dangeous Driving $4.99
Ashen $9.99
Anno 1800, Season Pass 1, $19.99, $7.49
Rimworld $24.99
Tetris Effect $17.99

Earlier I picked up some others.

Like Control, Outer Wilds, Outer Worlds, Manifold Garden.

WAIT A SECOND!!!!

How did you get rebel galaxy outlaw for 10.09?
Store says its 20.09!!!

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
The new free games of the week just dropped. Grab ARK: Survival Evolved and SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO while you can. Arc also has a few free dlc you may also want to grab.