Enzotech heatsink not sticking @#$!@%!$%

hdfxst

May 13, 2009
i use those mosfetsinks on my motherboard and they stick pretty good.i used alcohol and then a pencil eraser

Mrbarton

May 21, 2009
>:[ I left it over 3 hours and half fell off. its a AM3 NF750 g55 board,

http://www.msi.com/pic/product/five_pictures1_20100412135645.jpg

Under the AM3 ready heatsink. What are these 12 chips? to the board and how hot will they get. are these enzotechs a must?

p.s I apologize for my first posts anger. I'm dealing with heavy medical stuff and this is not my computer and I should not have let my anger spill into these forums.

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Are you applying pressure while you are waiting for them to cure? What exactly are you using to clean the surfaces with?

You can use some super glue on the corner of the heatsink and the VRMs. That's what I've done in the past, used regular ceramic paste and a tiny bit of glue.

A very very very small bit of it only on one corner, no more otherwise you wont be able to remove the heatsinks. Should you want to remove the heatsinks you just twist them off rather than pull.

Last edited:

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
how long to cure/?

I would say an hour for a strong enough bond.

When you apply the heatsinks, push downward for 10 seconds or so. The way that tape works, it has a residue adhesive inside of the tape. You need to essentially squeeze (wet it) out.

What are you using to clean the surfaces?

WoodButcher

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2001
mrbarton, this is quoted from your first link,
These tapes are tacky pressure sensitive adhesives loaded with thermally conductive ceramic fillers that do not require a heat cure cycle to form an excellent bond to many substrates. Only pressure is needed to form an excellent bond and thermal interface.
As Jim pointed out you need a little pressure, ten seconds is all it takes. It does stick better over time but it will not harden and be solidly attatched, If you pull, it will come,,,:p